Recent Talk by CO

by restrangled 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Re,

I got angry with you. That CO IS a moron for that and you have every right to be as angry as you want to be!

Warlock

• Mulan
    Mulan

The title of the talk sounds more like a self chosen title of a service talk (no outline). It would be interesting to see if the transcript makes a difference between inactive ones being week because of sin or because of independent thinking. The WTS knows the potential danger of well informed undercover apostates.

Nope, they don't do that anymore. The WTS wants to know what the CO's are saying out there, so they all have manuscript talks. Gone are the days of the really good talks the CO's used to give. Some of them were really good and fit the congregation and community. Now they are all generic.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Daniel-P you are absolutely correct. I am only quoting what I was told, but think about where it is coming from. Seems to fit right in ...don't you think?!!!!!! :)

Yea, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was belittling you or anything. Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Its very telling how they harp on "obedience" so much but never actually get to the point of why obedience is so necessary to them. If there is a God, he wouldn't be so concerned that we were absolutely obedient... the same goes for elders, fathers, etc, because in the end we all make our own decisions. It's the extraordinarily insecure person who is so worried and threatened about others beneath him remaining obedient.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Nope, they don't do that anymore. The WTS wants to know what the CO's are saying out there, so they all have manuscript talks. Gone are the days of the really good talks the CO's used to give. Some of them were really good and fit the congregation and community. Now they are all generic.

Unless, of course, you get one of the old-codger types. We have a CO who's been in the circuit work the majority of his long life (almost 80) and he sounds like he gives a rats ass about the outline - always going on off on borderline-senile tangents, hopelessly outdated council (like baggy pants - lol), and always sure to empahsize the submissive role of women and the perversity of homosexuality. Sometimes it feels like all the talks he's ever given have just congealed into a single mass of WT rhetoric.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    To obey or to innovate does not convey opposite abstracts.

i disagree...i got it right away

but then i am a rocket scientist

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I am now beyond angry over this due to my taking care of my parents. I will not go into this here but the Bullshit Society demands adherence no matter what. I am just waiting to hear that my father's savings and hard work were all given to the Society.

Restrangled - I can really relate to this. I spent years taking care of my parents--especially my mother who suffered from severe Alzheimers. Together my Dad and I took care of her in the home. I can't tell you how difficult. During this time, between working full-time and other family issues, I found I could no longer go to all the meetings. Gradually, I stopped altogether. After my mother's death, all of a sudden all my caring didn't matter. My daughter, my brother, and some of my cousins suddently came to my father's aid to protect him from his daughter. To make a long story short, they talked him into turning his entire estate over to my daughter and I still haven't found out what kind of a "deal" has been made with my brother and my new son-in-law. I am an outsider. Where were all these people when I needed help taking care of mother? Why has my father apparently completely forgotten all the hours I spent in his house bathing, nursing and taking care of soiled linens and diapers? Dad is now in an assisted care facility, and somehow I have found the strength to go visit him twice a week. I even take him to an occasional meeting. Don't know why. Nobody else does, but I live the closest. I still can't believe how he betrayed me. I really hope my father lives a long long life and uses up every penny he ever had in nursing care.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Bonnie-clyde...

OH MY GOD, I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR! THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

R.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Soooooo hypocritical. Well, I for one will sit back with my arms crossed and laugh my head off as I watch the house of cards that is the WTBTS collapse in smoldering ruins within my lifetime - that is the REAL Armageddon.

People who choose to take care of loved ones and friends in need are doing what GOD really wants, and what Jesus emphasized. One of the scriptures that always stuck with me is this (in paraphrase) - I want mercy, not sacrifice. Oh, the GB is good at throwing out scriptures, but not explaining their true application, which is evident in the plain meaning of their words:

Mat 9:11-13: But on seeing this the Pharisees began to say to his disciples: "Why is it that YOUR teacher eats with tax collectors and sinners?" (12) Hearing [them], he said: "Persons in health do not need a physician, but the ailing do. (13) Go, then, and learn what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.

One of the cross-referenced scriptures in the NWT is Hosea 6:6-7: For in loving-kindness I have taken delight, and not in sacrifice; and in the knowledge of God rather than in whole burnt offerings. (7) But they themselves, like earthling man, have overstepped [the] covenant. There is where they have dealt treacherously with me.

The GB, who think they are SOOOOO enlightened, with their bitter, destructive, non-Christian policies, have overstepped the bounds, and have offended God, and all the "burnt offerings" they render up don't mean a thang! They have dealt treacherously with God by dealing treacherously with his children - and each and every one of us are God's children, regardless of what religious (or not) labels we may apply to ourselves.

We show MERCY to our loved ones and friends by taking care of them when they need our care, rather than acting as robots going out in token field service and recording phoney hours. We show MERCY to each other by giving loving support and helping in whatever way we can to help are brothers and sisters (everyone, actually) who are in difficult circumstances - over a long period of time, years, if necessary - rather than dropping off a chicken casserole 12 months ago and thinking our "christian duty" has been discharged! Love - mercy - doesn't just last for a prescribed period of time, but for as long as it needs to last. Days, months, years.

The GB and all who form policies contrary to the true meaning of God's Holy Word, as well as those who implement those, are evil. Stupid, too, but I leave that for another discussion (i.e., should God forgive someone for being evil because he or she is stupid???) We prosecuted Nazi officers and regular soldiers after WWII for "following orders" in carrying out horrors and atrocities, so there is no excuse for Elders or anyone else in congregations who follow the lead of the GB. They are all condemned by their deeds.

Let's see, isn't there something in the scriptures about rotten fruit? That's what Jehovah's Witnesses have, unfortunately, as a group. Rotten fruit. I'm so sorry I was suckered in for 10 years.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

i am so sorry to hear your story RS. What an evil organization.

I too can relate. I spent a year visiting my cousins child in hospital during his numerous operations. I have not been allowed near him since i was d/f six months ago. I was finally sent a photo of him by another relative last week and could not believe how much he had grown. What his parents fail to realise is that their son is statistically unlikely to grow up and remain a JW, and it is him that they will one day have to shun, whilst I will be their to support his future.

What goes around comes around, and it can't come too soon for the WTS.

• Mary
    Mary
    Restrangled said: Dear Mary, I was asked if I was willing to meet with the elders, and my belief that this is God's inspired organization. I answered no to the first and yes to the second out of a remote response. It did not seem to make a difference. My mother informed me this was it. It's over.. I've been gone 30 years, we were best friends.

Oh my god! You've been gone from the Borg for 30 years and they want to meet with you NOW to discuss your feelings??!! Good lord......I'm absolutely speechless.

This CO seemed to be able to hold influance over her like no other after his talk. I am 17 years older than the moron and absolutely much more experienced. He has never raised children, probably never had a job that required thinking, and now has the nerve to tell my 74 year old mother I am no good. My anger level is over the top. My mother even stated to me that she told him,"I was all she had after losing her husband and son." He stated too bad, nothing has worked to get her (me) back in, you now need to follow the rules"...no innovation. She let me go.

What a f**king moron this CO must be.......did they make an announcement at the Hall about you?? Even if they did, the Society's own literature makes allowances for taking care of elderly parents, so this guy had NO business telling your mother she had to cut ties with you. If you want to cause this idiot some trouble, (and at this point from what you've described, you've got nothing to lose), I would either phone or write Bethel and tell them that this CO has gone "beyond" what the GB has written. At the very least, he'll be questioned about it. Dumb jerkoff.

I am now beyond angry over this due to my taking care of my parents. I will not go into this here but the Bullshit Society demands adherence no matter what. I am just waiting to hear that my father's savings and hard work were all given to the Society.

I believe that you can take something like this to court if necessary. If you can show that your parents were brainwashed by this cult into leaving their money to them instead of their offspring, you might have a chance. I'm curious though---if you're not allowed to have association with your parents anymore, who's looking after them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit