3 Page Letter Read In My Relative's Congregation...

by SWALKER 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover

There have been several threads about this letter being read to the congregations. While I'm sure it's just making sure their housekeeping is in order regarding publisher info and how to get in touch with each other after a disaster such as Katrina, I'm also sure that they are being oppurtunistic with this letter, having it read around the same time they've been having the conventions with the Deliverance at Hand theme. Nothing like a little rumormongering to get the dubs to fall into line.

But does anyone know if any of our inside and underground apostate elder friends has made a copy of this letter available to be posted on the Internet? I'd love to see how this letter is worded.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    The WTS will do all repairs on homes damaged by storms, natural disasters, etc."

And the Watchtower will ask that any home insurance payout for damage be sent to them.

Hey! If the Watchtower will make repairs maybe the JWs will take out only the bare mininum insurance required on their homes.

--VM44

The first thing I thought VM44......home insurance payout.....what a scam! The Letter proably didn't say "This will be done FREE of charge! But then again the letter didn't tell the cong that we expect your home insurance check to handed over to the WTS.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Once again with the scare tactics. I agree the Society doesn't do anything unless they benefit from it. Like more contributions, more estates from the elderly. How transparent can they be.??

Imagine the witnesses listening to this letter like their glued to every word. It is sad really. I think the Society wants the brothers to be afraid, by making them give all their vital statistics. I don't belief this leopard is changing its spots. Same old same old. Yep lets put the fear of God into them and watch the KH fill up with more people out in service and all this just prior to the new service year. I small a rat, they want more hours to show the world wide brotherhood that things in the Organization are going really well and it should behoove all of us to be more determined to please Jehovah, Right ...

Now pass me a barf bag. I feel a hair ball coming up...

Orangefatcat

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"I can't help but wonder if they aren't going to be saying, "You're not getting out in service enough, not getting to all the meetings, ..."

When I was still married to the good lil' JW wifey, I knew of some of her JW friends that were dirt poor. They were a large family, lots of kiddos, and very little income. Many mouths to feed.

When we would go shopping for food, we didn't have that much money either, but I would ask the wifey if we had enough to get an 'extra' bag of potatoes, or bread, or whatever. She would do some figuring, and say 'yes', and so we would get the extra food for this family. We would then deliver it to their door. They never asked for it, or expected it, but were very grateful for it (especially the kids). I was just trying to help them out.

Anyway, after one of her meetings (that I never attended - having long gone from the JWs), she announced (a bit bewildered, too) that we couldn't take any food to this family anymore, as they were considered 'weak' and weren't attending the meetings, etc. Evidently someone there took her aside and lectured her on the 'rules'.

I went along with it... they were her friends... but you KNOW that the 'support' and from the JWs will only go to those considered 'spiritually strong'. *rolls eyes*

Regards,

Jim TX

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Why in the world would they tell people to contact the KH first in case of a disaster! First of all neither the elders/MS' or every day yahoo that goes to the hall is most likely trained as to what to do in a natural disaster! Second of all, what will the structure be for fixing a home or providing assistance, who will get the assistance first, how long will they ask the elderly JWs to wait for the repairs to their home to be fixed because there are too many other people ahead of them. What a dumb position to put themselves and the elderly in!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't think this letter is scare tactics. I think it is just rational planning.

However, the JWs at the hall who are saying the letter is about the end of the world... they're just plain stupid.

Why in the world would they tell people to contact the KH first in case of a disaster!
    Because the WTS will need to know where to send their free labor force and then collect the full price insurance check from the JW home owner. The WTS has found a new cash cow in doing disaster relief for a profit while collecting disaster relief donations at the same time. It's the perfect scam that pays not once, but twice!

Ever wonder why the WTS will not make public their disaster relief accounting?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Of course, it can only mean 1 thing----the start of the Great Tribulation! No, the letter didn't say that, but they all knew!!!!!!! Wasn't this wonderful news?"

How awfully sad for them! If any of them had proper jobs with proper companies then they would know that all major business and companies in the UK have to have a disaster recovery plan - doubt any of them afre expecting the great tribulation. This is in case of epidemnic such as SARS or Birdflu rendering it dangerous for staff to travel to work so they can be contacted or in case of terrorism - so that people can be accounted for and contacted should an office be a target or affected, or natural disaster.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I wondered if it was just a way of getting hold of everyones cell phone numbers in order to have a complete record and keep even tighter tabs on everyone.

Poor suckers. I remember assigning cataclysmic importance to every little thing...

• jstalin
    jstalin

So phones will still be working as fireballs are raining down on earth?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"So phones will still be working as fireballs are raining down on earth?"

Well... I was wondering what poor schmuk was going to be tasked with sitting at the local KH - ao accept the phone calls!

*Mentals Katrina-like scenario*

"I'm sorry. We're not able to come to the phone right now. If you'll leave your name and number...we'll send out a boat to rescue you - as soon as the waters recede... if we can locate your street."

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit