3 Page Letter Read In My Relative's Congregation...

by SWALKER 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

My elderly relative called me all excited about this "letter" that was read in their KH last week. She told me that it was all about being prepared for natural disasters, etc. and how the P.O and Secretary were updating all their publisher files. They want updated phone #'s, cell #'s, addresses, places of work, but she couldn't remember everything. They also stated that in case of emergency they would be contacted immediately, or they were to contact the KH BEFORE anyone else. The WTS will do all repairs on homes damaged by storms, natural disasters, etc. In addition, all the elderly were now going to be assigned younger people in the Hall to help them out whenever they need anything...going to the dr., hospital, help at home, etc. (RED FLAGS were going off with me immediately!!!) She said that everyone in the KH were looking around at each other wide-eyed and just in complete amazement. After the meeting, they were all abuzz about what this meant!

"Of course, it can only mean 1 thing----the start of the Great Tribulation! No, the letter didn't say that, but they all knew!!!!!!! Wasn't this wonderful news?"

I agreed that finally the WTS is seeing the need to scam take care of the elderly!!!

As busy as most couples are today, I can't believe they are possibly going to put more on these people to do! I bet they are to do this in ADDITION to what they already do....service, meetings, etc. I would have been impressed had they announced that financial aid was going to be made available to those that needed it!!! It was so loving and generous of them to VOLUNTEER the members for even more duties and work!!!!!

I know that this letter has been mentioned several times before, but just thought I'd add a little more that had been conveyed to me. My relative said there was so much info it was hard to take it all in at once....3 long pages!!!! Has anyone posted a copy yet????

Swalker

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Very interesting how they have to be TOLD and ASSIGNED to help the elderly. That's very very sad. It should be a given that "Christian" congregations help out their "widows & orphans".

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well thats a lot more charitable structure than they've ever had before (if they actually carry this out in every congregation)

• Highlander
    Highlander

"Of course, it can only mean 1 thing----the start of the Great Tribulation! No, the letter didn't say that, but they all knew!!!!!!! Wasn't this wonderful news?"

IMO, the letter was intended as a scare tactic to stir up the congregation into 'active duty' or more donations, etc. Sounds like it got their attention as they wanted.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I wonder if they'll have to report that on their time cards too now?

Yeah, you're right, it definitely is an improvement, and at least the effort is being made. But, as with everything else, it comes across as being an action done by rote... rather than genuine.

• VM44
    VM44

"The WTS will do all repairs on homes damaged by storms, natural disasters, etc."

And the Watchtower will ask that any home insurance payout for damage be sent to them.

Hey! If the Watchtower will make repairs maybe the JWs will take out only the bare mininum insurance required on their homes.

--VM44

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    Hey! If the Watchtower will make repairs maybe the JWs will take out only the bare mininum insurance required on their homes.

That's probably what some will think...then they'll get a big surprise when their house gets "remodeled!"

I'm all for helping out the elderly too and I always did. I can't help but wonder if they aren't going to be saying, "You're not getting out in service enough, not getting to all the meetings, not preparing for all the meetings, NOT mowing the lawns, buying groceries or cleaning all the elderly JW's homes, not studying enough with your children.....how much is going to make the "straw that breaks the camel's back?"

Swalker

• Highlander
    Highlander

how much is going to make the "straw that breaks the camel's back?"

That camel has already had many of it's vertebrae 'fused' together. I just can't see it lasting much longer.

• James Free
    James Free

In the country I live in, this has been done by the ORG for years. It is nothing new at all. But I can imagine, if read with enough enthusiasm and innuendo, a congregation getting excited about it. It might have been me once. But, as the years go by the 'crying wolf' takes its toll and people take less notice.

That's why the latest Convention stirred up the Witnesses again without actually saying ANYTHING new.

And they will be doing the same thing ten years from now!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Over the weekend on 2 nights the stories about the war in the Middke East announced that the forces involved in the ceasefire mediations were hoping for "peace and security" My thoughts went immediately to the WTS' statements that this meant the end was near... close... just around the corner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit