Revelation "Adjustments": Complete Analysis

by V 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    Why are they changing all 'published by' references

To: Jehovah's Witnesses

My belief is that They think this will add another layer of protection between them and the public. It makes it a little harder to pin down just who publishes these books or who to bring to court.

They did it before in 2000 when the GB stepped down from their corporate positions in the WTBTS. Let someone else take the rap for the coverups. Since they Represent God™, many will stand in their stead. As if God needs protection.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

What a fantastic topic and post V! I had a feeling we would get some interesting posts from you - and by the way, was i the only one to read your words - hearing them in the voice of Hugo Weaving??!!!

CS 101

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I can just imagine all the elderly (bros and sys) just fumbling through these pages during the study, and just mixing new light doctrine "d" with the wrong paragraph

this will confuse the heck of the pea pod brain of the majority

I had enough problems following along then, and with isaiah's and with daniel...... just imagine the freak show now!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

DaCheech said: I can just imagine all the elderly (bros and sys) just fumbling through these pages during the study, and just mixing new light doctrine "d" with the wrong paragraph

this will confuse the heck of the pea pod brain of the majority

I had enough problems following along then, and with isaiah's and with daniel...... just imagine the freak show now!!!

Actually, this may be a 'good' thing. This will happen every other meeting or so... and about 15-minutes can be spent on the conductor making sure everyone has the proper corrections in their own copies of the book.

Perhaps even handing out pre-printed 'correction' prints - to each of those in attendance - or 'passing' the red pen around - so everyone can make the corrections then and there.

Regards,

Jim TX

• sspo
    sspo

CORRECTION

p. 162, ¶7, replace second sentence following quote of Revelation 11:2 with: As we shall see, the reference here is to the literal 42 months extending from December 1914 to June 1918, when all professing Christians were put to a severe test.

OLD: As we shall see, the reference here is to the literal 42 months extending from October 1914 into 1918, when all professing Christians were put to a severe test.

REPHRASE

p. 164, ¶12, replace third sentence with: Additionally, at the beginning of the Lord’s day, there was a marked period of three and a half years when the hard experiences of God’s people matched the events prophesied here—starting in December 1914 and continuing to June 1918.

OLD: Additionally, at the beginning of the Lord’s day, there was a marked period of three and a half years when the hard experiences of God’s people matched the events prophesied here—starting from the outbreak of the first world war in the latter part of 1914 and continuing to the early part of 1918.

Always felt it was so arrogant on the part of the society to just pick some dates out of the bible and apply to themselves such as the 42 months

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice work!

Before the present generation of spiritual locusts lives out its life span, its divinely ordained work of declaring Jehovah’s judgments will be completed—to the hurt of all stiff-necked blasphemers.

Ouch! Ouch! Oh the pain of those hours they spend driving between fake return visits! Oh it so overwhelms me!

• Gill
    Gill

What a strange thing to do!

Something funny going on in Crooklyn! What are the little buggers up to!

I have to say, that this smacks of 'sorry folks, we've been talking BS for the last number of years. Could you just correct the book yourselves!'

It's farsical......but puzzling.

And on the next section....'The End of False Religion at Hand!' Would that include any religion spouting BS!

Does this not strike any ex JWs who were JWs for 30- 40 years as a very, very odd thing for the WTBTS to be doing?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

So... who is the 'copyright' now assigned to?

'Jehovah's Witnesses' ??

or...

'Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, etc' ??

I am just curious, as - if some 'violates' the copyright... does that mean the Jehovah's Witnesses come after them - or the WTBTS in New York?

Regards,

Jim TX

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

sspo wrote:

Always felt it was so arrogant on the part of the society to just pick some dates out of the bible and apply to themselves such as the 42 months

I totally agree!!! I had the same feelings and used to voice them often.

CS 101

• V
    V

REPLACE THE FIRST LINE OF THIS THREAD WITH: The following is an analysis of the "Adjustments for the Book Revelation--Its Grand Climax at Hand! (see Our Kingdom Ministry, September 2006)

OLD: The following is an analysis of the "Adjustments for the Book Revelation--Its Grand Climax at Hand! (see Our Kingdom Ministry, August 2006)

A vice versa in this vilification!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit