I know I shouldn't let it but it gets right up my nose

by uriah 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mama1119
    mama1119

I remember you would always hear horror stories about people that left, somehow it always enden up a so and so was now homeless, and so and so was now a prostitute, but then you would see these people in public, not at all homeless or prostitutes and wonder what the heck, I thought they were miserable horrible people...turns out it was the other way around

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Yep the old "us versus them" and "you and me against the world" mentality.

Another scam of mind control. We are the good guys, they are the bad guys. When in authentic non religious Christianity the first step is admitting that you are no better than anyone else. In fact you are to consider others above yourself.

The Bethel Boys got it backward.

Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Uriah

you should feel a HEAP better after posting that rant!

Pope

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    "It seems to me that JW's think that they are the only people in the world who do the right thing and anyone else is up to their neck in crap, doing drugs and other unsplendid things..."

That's exactly what I felt when they would put up "airs" like that. But it didn't take too long before I noticed that there were some in the congregation who committed immorality, did drugs, used foul language...etc.They were finger pointing at those who weren't witnesses while ignoring the fact that JW's are just as much the same slice of the community.

Luke 18:10,11 comes to mind.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother Not Exerting Vigorously)

• Highlander
    Highlander

"Yes but being a JW saved you from STD's, Drugs..." and all the usual stuff JW's are supposed to be protected from.

Ah, yes, Every single non-jw on this planet is currently living on the street begging for drug money. prostituting themselves and carrying every sort of disease and std known to man.

Their elitist attitude is the only thing that united them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit