I know I shouldn't let it but it gets right up my nose

by uriah 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poppers
    poppers
    PO's response, "Jehovah promises we will be happy in the new world."

Ah yes, the perfect world is always a promise of the future world. How can you argue against that? In the meantime you are faced with the only time you have, RIGHT NOW. I am glad you are happy now.

Living well and being happy now - some see this as the best revenge. I see this as lucid living.

• headmath
    headmath

It is a common JW belief that if you don't put the kingdom first you won't be able to find a job.

Now that I am out of he borg I have all the work I need.

My life is much more relaxed and I have more time for my hobbies. My emotions are no longer strained to the breaking point. I don't have to face those pointless arguments at the door anymore or give vain talks about stuff thats been said a million times before.

The JW don't have much time for themselves because of the 5 meetings a week schedule they have. Imagine that at least 48 hours each week in the average JW life are consumed by the masters of mind control.

This waste of time erodes into the normal welfare of family life or single life. That is why the divorce rate for JW is higher than for non JW.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Uriah, many religions are like that. They, actually, feel that the people aren't doing bad things! I mean wasn't it Uriah having sex with a whore in the temple??? Didn't David have Bathsheba's husband killed so that he could marry her? Didn't one of Noah's nephews have sex with him? What the hell is the meaning of "scapegoat"? What does Jubilee year mean? Come on now! These people are nuts to believe that only within religion are you spared from being a sinner. Look at all the pedophilia going on in religion. Women still having children out of wedlock. . .and on and on. . .

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

• poppers
    poppers

By the way uriah, welcome to the board. You are welcome to vent here any time.

• uriah
    uriah

Thank you poppers, as I mentioned earlier I have been around for a while, just not posted much.

• poppers
    poppers

Ooops. I noticed the month but not the year that you joined JWD. Welcome anyway.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Oops! I made two boo-boo's! I forgot to say hello to Uriah. Hello Uriah! And I said Uriah was having sex in the temple with a whore. Uriah was Bathsheba's husband, the one that David had killed.

I better start studying the bible again! Not!!!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Uriah, welcome to the board... Hahaha, couldn't help myself. It has been some time since I've seen you around. It seems you started posting about the same time as I did.

• uriah
    uriah

McDuck (is that with fries?) sorry, poor joke. Hello to you too. I didn't notice the boo boo - I never got very high marks in the written review.

• uriah
    uriah

Hello Jayhawk, yes, long time no post. I do appear now and then. I decided to have a rant today, seemed a nice day for it and I thought why not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit