CO has been coming to my door. Would like 1 or 2 solid and easy arguments.

by The Laser Viking 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Another "proof" that the C.O. is likely to bring up is the house to house preaching work of JWs. 'Who else is doing that?'

Mormons.

• never a jw
    never a jw

The video has a lie. It shows in a time line the 2520 years from 607 bc to 1914 ad. In the same video you can see how in a section of the video where the video producers put the actual article written by Russell scrolling in the background; the actual year chosen by him as the beginning of the 2520 years was 606 bce.

It was until 1943 when, in a surreptitious and deceptive manner, Fred Franz changed the date (see page 239 of "The Truth shall make you Free").

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The great Watchtower contradiction is a simple 11 minute read that exposes the largest series of flip flop teachings ever published by the Watchtower Society.

Len

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ THE LASER VIKING -

Welcome to the real world - where you can ask questions without fear of being "stoned to death".

You have a Private Message.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply:

"how can TRUTH change so much?"

"Wouldn't that make the old stuff LIES?"

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Please check your messages...
  • menrov
    menrov

You can never "win" the discussion. The CO is a devout JW and will not see nor accept any serious accusation against the organisation. He will likely accept that the people are imperfect, even those in the gb. etc but that there is only one organisation to acquire salvation. And then he will surely ask: Or do you think salvation can be found outside Jehovah's organisation" .I recommend not even start the discussion to prove they are wrong and you are right.

I would say: who died for me? Jesus. Who should I put faith in for eternal life? Jesus. Who is my judge? Jesus. Hence, who should I follow or obey Jesus.

Bye CO.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Having doubts is not a DF offence. Publicly talking about those doubts or suggesting alternative views openly can easily lead to being DF'ed.

Elders might seem like they want to understand you but you cannot trust anyone when they are acting in an "official" capacity. They can take your words and twist them very easily if they choose to do so.

So, it's probably OK to say "I just find it very difficult to get my head around things like the way the understanding of generations has changed".

But then to add "So I really find it difficult to trust that F&DS really know what they are talking about" can set the alarm bells going.

The obvious and less confrontational tack from the elders is "but you are sure Jehovah exists, you are sure his Kingdom is coming, aren't you? We just need faith in that and the rest does not matter." If you then start questioning that then again, the alarm bells start ringing.

Asking questions about the difference between "where" and "whom", birthdays, mediation etc. are all fine in principle and might be possible with a trusted friend but could very easily be a one way street to a JC if you confront a CO or arsey elder. Don't forget, they only have to form one and invite you. Who cares if you turn up or not. You're toast.

There is a reason why so many simply say "I'm depressed".

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

You stated, “I didn't really intend on engaging with him this much. I don't really have an end goal. I was baptized and made it a point to not be DFed when I left. I still have a good relationship my my parents.”

If you have faded away and not on any radar, leave this matter alone, you’re playing with fire & this could have a nasty ending. This CO is not your friend or buddy. He wants to save a “lost wayward sheep” and start you back to recruiting others for the WTS. As has been said earlier, you will neverwin” this discussion.

He will not openly agree that anything harmful, deceptive or malicious, ever took place intentionally. After all remember that the GB are just humble imperfect men whom God has chosen to use….the light over time gets brighter……and the GB have always done their very best in disseminating Bible truth as they understood it at the time.

breakfast of champions had the best overall advice:

Solid easy argument 1): Please leave my property now.

Solid easy argument 2): Please leave my property now and do not come back.

Go on leading a peaceful & productive life enjoying your family and friends.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

ditto baldeagle

You can perhaps find a more diplomatic way of using breakfast of champions' solid easy arguments, but that is really the way to go if you want to remain in the shadows.

The C.O. is trying to engage you in dialogue, do not engage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit