my story

by jaberwalkie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• forsharry
    forsharry

Welcome to the board Jabberwalkie!

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. ::BIG HUGS::

I think you need to ask yourself, what do I have to repent for? You did not thing wrong other than get sick! If you repent for something you didn't do, you will be excusing those liars...that's simply unacceptable.

My mother, once a pioneer as well (now disassociated after they disfellowshipped my father for a nonreason - he was a Ministerial Servant) would say "Everything happens for a reason." I know it's cliche, but more often than not it's the truth.

I know you're asking why me? We've all been there...heck I still ask that...but that will reveal itself in time. Right now you focus on you...get the rest you need, get the mental rest you need! Take some time to download...maybe even take a vacation...go watch the air go by.

Again, welcome. You'll find a lot of cyber support here. You're not alone in this anymore. Remember...all of this has happened for a reason.

Hope aka Forsharry

• juni
    juni

Welcome jaberwalkie to the JWD forum.

We all have been helped by each other because we can relate to the experience in the JW religion. We would love to hear more from you and also you said you suffered from ME. What sort of illness is that?

I experienced the same unloving treatment. They are not loving shepherds who gather up the sick sheep and give them extra needed care, but instead beat them w/their staff to get the move on. It's so sad, but it is a reality within this organization. Actions speak louder than words.

Juni

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Welcome Jaberwalkie!

Don't let my name scare you I'm not really a bad person. I did leave the organization but not because I am evil.

The elders are supposed to be like Jesus right? They are supposed to "follow his example"

Jesus; John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Most of what I and others have experienced from elders is shepherds who kick their sheep when they are down.

So they say they have love, but what kind of love kicks a wounded sheep? You are loved as long as you are useful.

• apostawriter
    apostawriter

Dear Jaberwockie, at a time when you are fighting for your life, you need people who will reach out to you, not people who will punish you. I'm sure the other board members agree, we have much support to give. Congratulations on hanging in there.

Daniel

• Fleur
    Fleur

Allow me to field this question:

Is ME the same as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Last I read about the subject (about which I know way, way too much, I assure you) ME (Myalgic Encephelomylitis) is the name in the UK for what is called in the United States CFIDS (the illness formerly known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) They added the "ID" for "Immune dysfunction" because it is immune related and CFS doesn't begin to cover what it does to you.

Welcome to the forum, Jabberwalkie. I hope that you find comfort here...you are most definitely among people who understand!

Here's a story of "elder comfort" for you...after I had my second miscarriage I was completely devestated and suicidally depressed. My (now ex) husband asked the elders to call on me to try to encourage me. After 3 weeks leaving me hanging, they show up and the first thing they do to "comfort" me is to tell me that my baby doesn't qualify for the resurrection or life at any future time (read me a scripture about Job saying he wished he'd been miscarried in the womb. Thanks).

That was when I first began to doubt how this could possibly be the "Truth": abortion is a sin but my miscarried babies don't count? How does that follow?

Anyway, pull up a chair, have a cuppa and feel the love, there is lots of it for you here.

hugs

essie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

jabber...

Time to get busy making new friends, get a hobby and since you pioneered you must care about people I'd say find someone to care about.

Don't fool with those people anymore, you can't please them. Find a counselor who has professional credentials and talk.

W.Once

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Jaberwalkie, Did it ever make you wonder how the WT can ever stay true to words of Jesus?

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    The WT would like to have you believe IT can do that. Never will they usurp Jesus.

• sinis
    sinis

If you want to make the WTS squirm I would suggest that you file and appeal and then contact the WTS legal department and explain your situation. I would also inform the appeals committee that they are not doctors and unlike "will full" sins you have no control of this. You are seeking medical help for your condition and that what they have done goes completely counter to WTS policy, ethics, and the bible. I would venture to say that you will get an immediate response if you call HQ.

• Perry
    Perry
    I began to feel isolated and i took an overdose of sleping pills

Jaberwalkie,

Please seek immediate profesional help. I don't believe that you took the pills only because you felt isolated. You can be restored to mental/emotional health. We've seen it happen here many, many times.

Stay a while.

Love,

Perry

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I agree with Perry if you have any more thoughts of hurting yourself seek help immediatly. Don't wait until you do, if you can get any kind of counseling go for it. Many of us have. I had a couple of great counselors while I made my transition out of the WT. They really helped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit