Still in one piece but the wheelchair isn't

by Lady Lee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Ouch! what an ordeal!! you poor thing, I hope you got some rest and you`re not to sore this morning. You`re in my thoughts today, take it easy and please watchout for those tempermental wheelchairs! You`re right thank goodness you fell the way you did! out of the way of traffic!

Rest and mend

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm glad you're ok!!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yow! I'm so glad you weren't badly injured!

I had just passed a man sitting on a bench waiting for the bus and he rushed right over to help. Two other nice fellows appeared one even stopping his car. The next thing two female paramedics were there - all in the space of two minutes.

Damn worldly people! They're all just selfish, aren't they? ;-) Amazing, isn't it, how the average person will rise to the ocassion when a situation calls upon him? Kinda makes you proud to be a human.

Take care, LL!

Couldn't hurt to stick this sign on your chair when it's fixed: (Hoping no one's posted it yet!)

Dave

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks everyone. Maybe I ought to learn to slow down

Dave I'm going to print that out and tape it to the bottom of my wheelchair when I get it back

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lady Lee,

Good thing you were not in field service. You probably would still be out there. "Where's Lee? I don't know. She probably got a ride home. Let's go. I'm hungry".

Rest up and take care of those bumps n' bruises. Get an airbag with the next wheelchair.

Warlock

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Lady Lee)))

So glad you're ok and I hope any resulting bruises and aches are short-lived for you.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Good grief, Lady Lee, if you wanted some excitement you could have just started a controversial thread here!

How are you feeling today? Sometimes all the bruises feel worse the second day... keep that Tylenol handy! I hope you're doing well!

I hear that a large glass of red wine is excellent for healing black and blue marks.....

GGG

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm not as stiff as I thought I would be but my right leg is sore and feels bruised from the hip all the way down. I still can't put any weight on the foot so I'm doing everything in the manual chair. I tried the computer chair since it has wheels but it didn't roll aes smoothly as the chair.

I'm having corn on the cob for supper. This should be interesting - how to get the corn out of the pot once it is cooked. I'm being creative though. If it gets too much I will consider getting someone to help me for a couple of weeks - although I might be up and around before it can arranged.

The problem is that since I can't put any weight on the right foot all the weight is going on the left foot - it won't be long before that foot won't tolerate being on the floor either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit