Still in one piece but the wheelchair isn't

by Lady Lee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Oh Lady Lee tell us the truth , you were going 90 tryin to out run the cops LOL

• damselfly
    damselfly

Glad you're ok! What luck to have the paramedics go by at that moment?

Did they have a time fame for getting your chair fixed?

Dams

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Oh Lady Lee,

I am sorry that you had to go through all of this! What an awful experience but isn't it always great to realize that there are some really good people out there willing to help and make certain that you are fine. That in itself is a glorious affirmation.

Hugs,

Cabs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lady Lee, I think you should submit your story, whole, to the editor's page of your local paper. Paratranpo needs to be put in it's place.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Lee

Sorry to hear of the accident and your troubles with the business.

It's nice to know that anonymous people will jump in to help when needed.

Hope you're feeling better

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lady Lee - sory to hear about your accident, but I'm glad that you're okay.

Both myself and Shreta noticed the folks in Canada (Toronto area) seem to be more polite and nice than down here in the states (or at least here). I'm not sure how much assistance you'd have gotten if the same thing happened here. Plus - if paramedics were passing by, I'm not sure that they would've stopped - if they were not directly called.

With that said... I wonder how fast those 'buggies' can go? I am always eyeballing them at the local grocery stores... wanting to 'test drive' them... but Shreta always pulls me away from them. *sad face*

*drops into mentalling sitting in a motorized-wheelchair - 'flooring' it - popping a wheelie... tires squeeling... varrroooooooooom!!!*

Regards,

Jim TX

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Damn! Glad you're okay.

Yup a brand new top of the line chair.

It's not top of the line unless it has monster truck tires on it! Now that would be a cool wheelchair!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Oh Lady Lee, I am glad that you are generally ok, and wish you a speedy recovery.

I hope the next chair you get isn't so tempremental as well!

love

Linda

• mouthy
    mouthy

ouch! that was a scary moment wasnt it..?..So sorry it happened. Hope the bruises will vanish quickly... Please take care when the new wheelchair arrives. we dont want to miss our lady!!!

As My Sir Tommy sings "SHE,S A Lady" You sure are....((((HUG)))

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

good morning all. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

JG excellent idea. I was thinking of calling the radio station to see if they would send my appreciation the the three good samaritans. We also have a small newsletter for people with disabilities. I was going to give them a call. But an letter to the newspaper sounds really good.

Jim_TX and Nos

Top speed on this model 6 miles. No burning rubber. No wheelies. Sorry. The scooters though can do about 12 miles per hour.

I tell ya I'm so glad I am in an acessible apartment. I would not have managed my shower without the shower seat and a wider door to get and out of the washroom. Life will be fun for a while since I am now confined to the chair - NOT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit