Hello. My name is John Walsh

by Mistah MOJO 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

I am currently domiciled with my girlfriend whose family became JWS too late for her to be sucked into the hole, and her younger sister who was sucked into the hole. I was briefly involved. For two years I studied but never was baptized. When it began to dawn on the JWS that I wasn't going to be baptized the friendliness dried up and I got the message. We have fun with the JWS who come to our door. I like to tell them I am a warlock and watch them get uncomfortable. My girlfriend likes to tell them she is disfellowshipped even though she isnt. She has even followed them out to the sidewalk yelling at them. Its really funny to see. Anyway, hello.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Welcome, Mistah!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hi John - I saw your comment on the Genesis Awake, btw...very good!

Or, maybe we could say "let the residual microwave backgound radiation come to be"?

If you have a propensity for debunking the silly JW pseudo-science, then JWD forum will offer many humorous thread opportunities.

I for one would like to hear how the work with your sister-in-law goes along...

anyway, Welcome -

James

• Priest73
    Priest73

Welcome John Walsh. I enjoy your television program.

Priest (super fly)

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Mojo

Enjoyed reading your thread....made me laugh today...(thank you!)

I am glad you could see thru the hypocrisy.

Codeblue

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hello. I don't watch much TV so I'm not familiar with my television alter ego. I do have an interest in science though, a laymans interest. It was a discussion of evolution that sparked my involvement with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

My girlfriends little sister isn't a Witness. She was merely forced to go to meetings most of her life. She lives with us even though she is twenty one because of some residual problems brought on my her long internment in the sect. On a conscious level she doesn't believe any of it but she must believe some of it on a sub conscious level. She has difficulty coping and holding a job as well as night terrors. So we do what we can.

I see by some of the messages here that the sect is in the news for pedophilia. I'm surprised. I came to the conclusion that the watchtower sect is made up of some odd and unfriendly people, but pedophilia? It's a shock. Now I am wondering if perhaps a certain soemone is having night terrors because of such activities. This will have to be vigorously pursued by a professional now. I'm glad I found this message board. Pedophile activity would explain a lot, a lot more than just the night terrors. Anyway, thank you for the welcome.

• Priest73
    Priest73

"America's Most Wanted." Sorry for the Bad joke.

• james_woods
    james_woods

John, indeed they do have an issue with hiding child molestation. It has gotten them a lot of bad PR lately - I got out of the sect about 1981 in a general upheaval and had heard nothing of such a thing the whole 20 years or so I was in it. I could barely believe it was true when I read it here; I confess I thought maybe some angry ex-JW had kind of cooked up a rumor. Well, it really is the case.

While I don't think anybody is saying that there is a disproportionate number of pedophiles among the JW statistically, our outrage is that a number of JW judicial rules act to protect and hide such people. And for obvious "power" reasons, a lot of the offenders are either servants or elders...like that watchtower farm elder guy the police caught a week or two ago.

Their JW reason to hide this from the authorities is "to not bring reproach on the organization". Ironic, isn't it, that this approach to the problem has resulted in exactly that - great reproach on the organization!

James

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Mistah MOJO, and welcome to the board.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the board, MoJo. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit