They just don't get it, do they?

by fullofdoubtnow 11 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was talking to one of my neighbours just now. Her parents are jws, but she never took to it, being a teenager when they started studying, and she went to see her mum and dad last night. Her dad is an elder in my old congregation, and I was good friends with him and his wife when I was a jw.

Anyway, her mum knows she lives near us, and asked if she sees us at all, which she does, quite often. Her mum asked if we were still together, and my friend told her that we are, and are planning to get married next year. She knows we don't mind her telling them our news, in fact we want them to know about it.

When her dad, who hadn't really been taking part in the conversation up to that point heard that, he immediately said "well that's a good thing for both of them, once they're married they can start working towards reinstatement. It's a pity that they thought they had to leave the truth just to be together. I don't know what gets into people these days, putting sex before the truth. You'd think they're both old enough to know better".

My friend was a bit dumbfounded by this statement, to say the least, and her mum looked a bit puzzled as well. When she'd recovered her composure, she said "dad, Trev and Linda told me they'd both disassociated because they didn't believe in the jw religion anymore. It was nothing to do with having sex. I don't think that applying for reinstatement is the reason they're getting married, in fact I know it isn't"

Her dad wasn't having that though, and said "well. everybody in the kh knows Linda only da'd because she wanted to be with him. That rubbish about doing research and finding that it's not the truth is just a cover story. She knows it's the truth, and so does he really, if he'd be honest about it. I've seen them together, drinking and smoking away. He's got her under his control, making her think she loves that sort of life more than she loves Jehovah. She'll see sense in time and come back, even if he doesn't, you see."

My friend said "well dad, I doubt you're right. Trev and Linda seem pretty happy to me these days, a lot happier than when they were jws, but we'll see" and left it at that. He was still rambling on to himself about our "sinful ways" and how no one can be happy away from the org when my friend left him and came home.

Apparently, that was the story that went around the congregations when I da'd - I left just to be with Trev, and for no other reason, and they haven't given up on seeing me back when I come to my senses and realise what I've lost. Okay, we are together now, but we didn't get together until a few months after I'd da'd, and I know neither of us expected it when I did leave, it just happened, as these things sometimes do. I'm not paricularly annoyed about this, and neither is Trev, we both think it's rather funny, and a little pathetic. I expected to be the subject of gossip when I left, it happens to everyone who leaves that congregation, but I just wonder if anyone else thinks, like him, that I'll "come to my senses" and go back. Well if so they're entitled to dream, but that's one dream that definitely won't come true. Reinstatement? That really would be the dog returning to it's own vomit!

Linda

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yes Linda, living well and being happy is the best answer you can give. Don't waste your energy trying to figure them out.
    Pete

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people tend to spin down. I heard they said the reason my 3 year old son and I were belly pushed by Witness guards at the district assembly was because they thought I wanted to have sex with a tootsie roll.
    Don't ya just love it when they take the high road?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I left just to be with Trev, and for no other reason,

It wasn't?!

I think leaving for sex sounds better!

Ian

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Reinstatement? That really would be the dog returning to it's own vomit!

I couldn't have put it better myself!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I left just to be with Trev, and for no other reason,

It wasn't?!

I think leaving for sex sounds better!

Ian

Ian, how could you think that? I left in November last year, and I didn't move in with Trev until January this year. That's 2 whole months before we got together. We always sort of fancied each other though, we just didn't get around to doing anything about it before.

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Ian, how could you think that?

I didn't. It was a joke! (You pm'd me, remember!)

I left in November last year, and I didn't move in with Trev until January this year. That's 2 whole months before we got together. We always sort of fancied each other though, we just didn't get around to doing anything about it before.

Get round to doing what about it before?

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Get round to doing what about it before?

Ermmm, admitting to each other, and ourselves that we were a bit more than friends. A lot more really.

I didn't. It was a joke! (You pm'd me, remember!)

Yes, I do remember that, are you coming to our big day? We hope to see some off the forum. In a way, the forum helped to get us together, so we reckon we owe you all a party, maybe we could have an apostafest and a reception lol

Linda

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Let me see...........sex?..............false religion?..........Hmmm............what should I pick?

I think good sex is a great reason to leave Babylon the Great! Just kidding.

By the way, the JWs CANNOT and WILL NOT accept that anyone can possibly be happy without the mother organization because it will completely crush them. JWs are the some of the most unhappy, downright depressed and cynical people there is and most I knew in the org. were completely jealous of their "worldly" family who they KNEW were happier then they were!

Linda, I say let them believe what they want and when you pass them in the street - laugh, sing and skip around saying "oh what a wonderful day, I am soooooooooo happy". LOL Lilly

• Dansk
    Dansk

Linda:

Yes, I do remember that, are you coming to our big day? We hope to see some off the forum. In a way, the forum helped to get us together, so we reckon we owe you all a party, maybe we could have an apostafest and a reception lol

You and Trev invite Claire and I and we'll do our best to be there!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit