Heres a dub who knows how to milk the disaster

by GWEEDO 33 Replies latest jw friends

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

From the GC. Desert Rose knows what to do:

At our meeting last night, we had quite a few more in attendance than usual. In fact, the parking lot was overflowing.
    Our brothers and sisters in the affected areas were mentioned in the opening and closing prayers. Also, a couple of brothers spoke of the day's events in their parts, and their words were very comforting and encouraging.

Although we know through spiritual eyes of understanding WHY these horrible things are taking place, it is still SO heart-wrenching to see. And especially so knowing that many of our brothers and sisters have been so deeply affected personally by these events.

Just watching all the events on television has been traumatic...I can't imagine how it must be for those directly involved. We are so blessed to have the hope and the faith that we do...it truly is sustaining during times of trial and pain.

My daughter and her car group had some excellent results in service today, which has been very encouraging.

One approach they were using was to ask the householder how they personally felt about what had happened yesterday, without getting into a "policial" or "patriotic" conversation.

Then, they would ask the HH how they thought GOD felt about what happened, which led into some very good Bible discussions.

Our hearts, our love, and our prayers go to all of our dear brothers and sisters, especially those who have been affected by these recent tragedies.[forget the worldlies]

As we wait to see how world events play out, may we all be ever more determined to remain faithful to the end...ever faithful and ever sure...all to Jehovah's glory and honor.

Much Love,[Of course only to 'our brothers and sisters']
    Desert Rose

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

If I wasn't half drunk I'd puke.....I swear if I hear "brothers and sisters" one more time someone is going to be hurt!

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Free Eagle
    Free Eagle

What phonies! Very "condescending holier than thou attitude" and very tacky.
    Nothing like trying to use somebody via their emotions while they are being kicked down.

It's reading material like this which gives JW's a VERY bad name.

Makes me want to puke!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

We had something like that at last night's Service Meeting.
    I went grey, and blanked out for a few minutes, while I recovered.

...in fact I'm feeling sick again dwelling on it (the meeting, not just the situation).
    I've got a strange feeling that I won't be pounding the streets this weekend.

I'm getting the same bodily reaction when my wife goes on about it being a prelude to the Great Trib. - but then she's got "WT" stamped on her ass and her retina's.

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

Dubs' specialty is finding a persons vunerable spot and then exploiting it. The tragedy in NYC is going to leave a great many people emotionally drained, and they'll be asking themselves how this could have happened.

Enter the JW's with their message of 'everlasting life in paradise'. From the BORG standpoint, this is a tragedy that must be taken advantage of. You can bet that all of their next publications will deal with the attack on the WTC and Pentagon.

Like there isn't enough paper littering the streets of NYC already.

• ITguy
    ITguy

I fail to see the horror in that account.

If you've got a personal beef with the WTS, that's one thing.

These ones mentioned out in service above and around the world have a sincere belief that God is going to do something about these atrocities. They derive comfort from this hope and and simply trying to share that hope with others. They're not out there trying to "exploit" the situation. For the Rank and File who can't do much else to assist in the situation, they're out there trying to give some comfort and hope from the Bible to the people in their area. You may disagree with the message, or the ones that have provided them the materials they're using, but don't be harshly criticizing the ones that are out there doing this. They're doing what they know, and what they believe is the right thing to do.

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

ITguy,

They're 'doing what they know' only because they've been brainwashed to do so. The last thing the victim's families need right now is some salesman pounding at their door trying to recruit them. In a emotionally weakened state, you become vunerable to ANY kindness shown to you, even kindness from strangers with their own agenda. Is this what the people of NYC need right now?

If the Dubs really want to do some good, donate blood, money, food, and volunteer to assist in anyway they can.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi ITguy,

You wrote:

>>...don't be harshly criticizing the ones that are out there doing this. They're doing what they know, and what they believe is the right thing to do<<

I agree, wholeheartedly.
    But let's not forget the scale of this - people are grieving.
    Sometimes it's time to shut up and be a silent friend, rather than telling folks how good it's gonna be (been there, had that, hated every minute of it).

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have to agree with ITguy. Not every Jehovah's Witness is a hypocrite. Many are Jehovah's Witnesses because they have lost all faith in manmade governments and business institutions. They have put their faith in the fact that Jehovah will bring an end to atrocities like this.

At a time like this, I cannot honestly question the value of a faith such as that.

peace

Joel

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

I have to disagree with ITguy. There are some in the JW who buy into it lock stock and barrel, and go from door to door thinking they really are spreading some kind of 'good news' (repent or die sinner!) but the vast majority of the JWs (including myself) that I have ever known could barely stand door to door (or other forms). We did it out of the fact that we 'had to' and just went out to put in the hours. You can better beleive if they dropped the time reporting deal the FS activity would drop steeply. Which is why they don't drop it.

Oh, and those gung ho types who thought they were doing some 'vital' worked really bugged the s*it out of the rest of us... we knew NOBODY wanted us pounding on their doors.

Oh, and Joel, not to pick at you, but it's people like that who have gotten us where we are today. I see no great difference between 'Allah Ackbar' (or whatever it is) and 'Praise God' ... both religions CAN produce some really f*cked up people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit