Heres a dub who knows how to milk the disaster

by GWEEDO 33 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Sorry, I still disagree. The 25 years I participated in door to door work I was not trying to recruit people and neither were any of those in the car groups that I was part of.

So, you took all those service meeting and assembly parts about "leading your students to Jehovah's Organization" with a fistful of salt, did you?

It is possible to want to comfort people by recruiting them. I believed the Society when they said that "directing people's attention to the organization" was the only way to save their lives. I bought the prevailing view that our ministry to unbelievers ended at their baptism - or their rejection of same; and that mere comfort or support of unbelievers was just that: "mere."

I know how satisfying it is to meet "worldings" with respect where they stand -- I loved reading Proverbs 2:21,22 to Muslim and Vietnamese immigrants, back in the seventies -- but I knew, because I trusted the bOrg, that it wasn't enough.

GentlyFeral

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO
    I fail to see the horror in that account.

Not Horrific. Just rather cold and out of touch with the reality of the situation. She's lost in her own little world --the WT world---

Read enough of these kind of posts and it gets kinda creepy!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The 25 years I participated in door to door work I was not trying to recruit people and neither were any of those in the car groups that I was part of.

I would suggest that most DO NOT WANT to start a study with anyone they meet in F/S. Instead they are content to 'fulfill their duty' by engaging in a requisite amount of service but no more than that.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

The poor terrorists. Their "just doing what they beleive to be right" the things "they have been taught"... etc..etc.. blah blah blah.

Do you all get the point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit