Did they ever want d/f`d people viewed as dead?

by jambon1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    cut off from the Christian congregation as though dead.

I must have died last November then. Strange, I feel very much alive for a corpse.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Does this mean I am dieing because I have not officially ended anything with the JWs? Or am I dead too? What is their stand on a fade?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

JayHawk1, you're a dead bird! Well, I really don't know what the law reads on faders. I think you're just considered spiritually weak until they find out that you don't believe anything they say anymore.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Right after the quote that Nathan Nates shows above, they say this;

"All the congregations" must come to know that Jesus searches "the kidneys," the deepest emotions, and the ‘heart,’ the innermost person, including the underlying motives. To this end, he uses trusted stars, or elders, in handling certain problems, such as any Jezebel influence that appears. (Revelation 1:20) After these elders have fully examined a matter of this kind and judgment has been rendered, it is not for individuals to probe into the whys and wherefores of the action taken. All should humbly accept the elders’ disposal of matters and continue to be supportive of these congregation stars. Loyalty to Jehovah and his organizational arrangements will be rewarded.

Notice the wording 'all should accept the elders' 'disposal of matters'. God, that sounds like the kind of language Himler or Hitler would have used.

Makes one sick to look back a realize how we thought under that cultish influence.

BTW - any corpses reading this are always welcome at my place for a beer and burger.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

At my last CA, the DO said that those who were married to non-JWs were kissing a corpse. I guess he didn't have much hope for their changing, eh? I wonder how much effort he put into the d2d work?

Blondie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    At my last CA, the DO said that those who were married to non-JWs were kissing a corpse. I guess he didn't have much hope for their changing, eh? I wonder how much effort he put into the d2d work?

Blondie

So they are necrophiles now?! Great! I have died and come back to life twice - hallelujah! Bring on the spiritual mouth to mouth and I'll be ressurected a 3rd time! LOL!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

My aunt and uncle, strong JWs, told their df'd daughter, "You are as dead to us."

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My dad called me at work to tell me I was dead to him.

thanks dad...

lisa

• alamb
    alamb

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS."

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws."

"The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

"...if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped."

"If children are of age and continue to associate with a disfellowshiped parent because of receiving material support from him or her, then they must consider how far their spiritual interests are being endangered by continuing under this unequal arrangement, and whether they can arrange to support themselves, living apart from the fallen-away parent. Their continuing to receive material support should not make them compromise so as to ignore the disfellowshiped state of the parent. If, because of acting according to the disfellowship order of the company of God's people, they become threatened with a withdrawal of the parental support, then they must be willing to take such consequences."

"Satan's influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God's organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped."

"...to have religious communion with the disfellowshiped person - no, there would be none of that! The faithful marriage partner would not discuss religion with the apostate or disfellowshiped and would not accompany that one to his (or her) place of religious association and participate in the meetings with that one. As Jesus said: "If he does not listen even to the congregation [which was obliged to disfellowship him], let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector [to Jehovah's sanctified nation]." (Matt. 18:17, NW) Hurt to such one would not be authorized, but there would be no spiritual or religious fellowshiping."

"The same rule would apply to those who are in the relation of parent and child or of child and parent. What natural obligation falls upon them according to man's law and God's law the faithful parent or the faithful child will comply with. But as for rendering more than that and having religious fellowship with such one in violation of the congregation's disfellowship order-no, none of that for the faithful one! If the faithful suffers in some material or other way for the faithful adherence to theocratic law, then he must accept this as suffering for righteousness' sake."

"The purpose of observing the disfellowship order is to make the disfellowshiped one realize the error of his way and to shame him, if possible, so that he may be recovered, and also to safeguard your own salvation to life in the new world in vindication of God. (2 Thess. 3:14, 15; Titus 2:8) Because of being in close, indissoluble natural family ties and being of the same household under the one roof you may have to eat material food and live physically with that one at home, in which case 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 and 2 John 10 could not apply; but do not defeat the purpose of the congregation's disfellowship order by eating spiritual or religious food with such one or receiving such one favorably in a religious way and bidding him farewell with a wish for his prosperity in his apostate course." (The Watchtower November 15th 1952 Issue)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    After these elders have fully examined a matter of this kind
    (Luke 6:37-38) 37
    "Moreover, stop judging, and YOU will by no means be judged; and stop condemning, and YOU will by no means be condemned. Keep on releasing, and YOU will be released. 38 Practice giving, and people will give to YOU. They will pour into YOUR laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing. For with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU in return."

man is my jc in trouble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit