Did they ever want d/f`d people viewed as dead?

by jambon1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I think there was a WT/KM reference on here at one time which stated that disfellowshipped individuals should be viewed as 'dead'.

Can someone please post me the link to some of the WT quotes relating to how d/f`d people should be viewed.

Many thanks. It is very important to me.

J

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

It is a KM article - and it believe there is a quote from it here but not seen a scan. I'm sorry I don't have it - maybe Lady Lee or Blondie - resident research starlets - will see this and be able to help you!

• jambon1
    jambon1

Ta cwumpet.

Hope they do. I should PM.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks a million

• blondie
    blondie

First, term "gross sins" What is a gross sin according to the WTS under the Law code, and in the NT? Many are similar.

Well, reflect on the severe cutting off mandated in God’s Law to Israel. In various serious matters, willful violators were executed. (Leviticus 20:10; Numbers 15:30, 31) When that happened, others, even relatives, could no longer speak with the dead lawbreaker. (Leviticus 19:1-4; Deuteronomy 13:1-5; 17:1-7) Though loyal Israelites back then were normal humans with emotions like ours, they knew that God is just and loving and that his Law protected their moral and spiritual cleanness. So they could accept that his arrangement to cut off wrongdoers was fundamentally a good and right thing.—Job 34:10-12.

It may be hard for those relatives to apply this divine directive, even as it was not easy for Hebrew parents under the Mosaic Law to share in executing a wicked son. Still, God’s command is clear; thus we can be sure that disfellowshipping is just.—1 Corinthians 5:1, 6-8, 11; Titus 3:10, 11; 2 John 9-11; see The Watchtower, September 15, 1981, pages 26-31; April 15, 1988, pages 28-31.

Those representative members personally killed likely as many as one thousand of the disloyal Israelites. (Num. 25:3-5) A parallel to this can be found in the Christian congregation today. While it is not authorized by God to execute disloyal members who practice serious sins, it is authorized to take action against them by disfellowshiping them from the congregation if they are unrepentant. (1 Cor. 5:11-13) This is necessary to keep the congregation clean. If it failed to do this, how could it rightly claim to belong to Jehovah and Jesus Christ, who are righteous? It is obligated to uphold the righteous laws of God.

• undercover
    undercover

However they indoctrinate the R&F to view them as dead works.

A guy that I grew up with, an elder's son who became an elder himself got DFd a few years ago. I ran into his father, still an elder, and I asked how the son was doing, forgetting for a moment that he had been DFd. The elder father commented that he didn't know, that he had no son. I was so stunned I couldn't come up with a response.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I seem to remember a watchtower article from the 90's that made that point, anyone else remember that?

Dams

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

13 As Jehovah’s Messenger and Judge, the Son of God acts rightly in identifying the modern Jezebel and throwing her into a sickbed, for her spiritual sickness is indeed a chronic one. (Malachi 3:1, 5) Those who have succumbed to this wrongful female influence will also suffer great tribulation—the sorrow of being disfellowshipped, cut off from the Christian congregation as though dead. Unless these repent, turn around, and are accepted back into the congregation, they also face physical death by “deadly plague”—at the latest, in the great tribulation. Meanwhile, restoration is possible if they fully repent of their wrong deeds.—Matthew 24:21, 22; 2 Corinthians 7:10.

- Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!(1988) chapter 10, page 50

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

My cousin is dead, its kind of spooky because I was just at her house a couple weeks ago, and she made a really awesome dinner, and we drank some wine and played some card games and had a really great time, too bad she is dead to her mom and the other JW's in the family because she is very active for a rotten corpse.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    10 The divine command is that if a wicked one is expelled, Christians must “quit mixing in company with [him] . . . , not even eating with such a man.” He thus is cut off from fellowship, including socializing, with loyal ones who respect and want to walk according to God’s law.

Since a lot of the scripture was directed to the 144,000, and not, to the great crowd, why does this scripture apply to the great crowd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit