My Part in Apostate History

by noni1974 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• noni1974
    noni1974

I went to my local library to find In Search of Christan Freedom by Ray Franz.They didn't have it.So I asked if they could try to get it from another library for me.They took my name and address and phone number and told me I would get something in the mail when they got it.

I got a letter for them last week telling me it was in.I went yeasterday to pick it up.I was happly supprized to find out they had bought it from amazon .com.Now it will be in the library system for others to read.I'm planning on doing the same for C of C.If they don't buy that one I'm going to donate my copy to them.This is my little part to help others who have questions and want to read up on JW's.

I know it's a small part and all I did was ask.Boy am I proud.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one; one in every library would be a great service to the english-speaking world.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Good job Noni. I requested C of C from my library too. They searched high and low and finally found it at a college library and I got an inner library loan. I think that's what it's called.

But what a good idea, I think I'll buy one and donate it to the library.

My territory is the laundry mat next to the Chinese Restrauant I like. I go in and throw away most of the old Wt and Aw, except for a few that I leave 'example of cult propaganda' stickers on. Oh and I leave some good magazines behind that I'm finished with.

One of the things that bugs me is the old magazines I throw out are sometimes 2 or 3 years old. Isnt' that old light.

lisa

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Noni - thats a brilliant idea! I should do the same - we have a big library with a massive Religious Education section in my town but there's nothing on JWs.

Good girl!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

C of C is available in the Dunedin library and it is VERY well read.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That's a good idea noni, well done.

COC doesn't appear to be available in our local library either, or at least, I have never seen it. Maybe we will donate a copy to them.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good work Noni, you damned fine apostaperson

another good book to have in the local library Is Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control".

alt

• morty
    morty
    one in every library would be a great service to the english-speaking world.

one is every language would be a great big 10-4!!!

Good for you my friend....

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Don't know if it still happens, but back in the 80s when Crisis of Conscience first came out our local library had 3 copies. But within a year all 3 were stolen or misplaced. Also lost or stolen was the library's copy of Timothy White's A People For His Name and Barbara Harrison's Visions Of Glory. None of the books were rare editions or autographed by the authors so they weren't valuable in a monetary sense.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

As a librarian, I can tell you that books disappear with frightening frequency -- it's an easy, anonymous form of censorship in many cases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit