Why do Jehovah's Witnesses churches have no windows?

by Kenneson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Outy,

Welcome back!

Ian

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey(((Dansk!))),How have you been Bud? I have thought about you often.I have not been able to post till today,but I was able to lurk..For the last friggin month!Ha-ha!..I have read the Vigils for you and the others,even when I was unable to post over the last few years,be asured,my heart was all ways with you.I hope your doing better.My best to you and the Mrs....Dam It`s nice to be home!...OUTLAW

• Berean
    Berean

How many times does this have to be addressed on this forum?

It is economics … pure and simple.

More money for the GB to spend on making itself feel like “Kings” in this system of things.

Cut cost everywhere except where the GB lives. No windows on the KH’s built in the last few decades = faster construction, cheaper construction, breaks on insurance, no one looking out the windows during the boring talks.

SEND EXTRA $$$$$$$ to the “Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses” that is saved on KH construction so that the GB and their servants can live in luxury.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I posted this subject at topix.net and got myself reprimanded by Jehovah's Witness apologists.

http://www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TN5MKFK93497BPJAI

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Our hall didnt have windows so the neighbours wouldnt complain when we had naked orgies and sacrificed goats...

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I have never been to a hall that did not have windows. Granted it was not like a church that was filled with stain glass windows, it was a bit sparse, but they did have windows. Later, the windows were those block style ones, I think for security reasons. I never heard anyone say it was to prevent people from looking outside.

• moshe
    moshe

reason? The Sisters used to get into knock down drag out fights arguing over CURTAINS!-- of course the wife of the PO had the last say.

• dvw
    dvw

ARKS dont have windows.

• jws
    jws

I *think* all of the halls I went to had windows. The first 2 had them, but you'd have to be standing to look directly out them.

The first one was sandwiched between a house and a commercial building so you either saw siding or brick.

The second hall's windows looked out on the parking lot on one side and a fairly empty lot on the other. But there were trees. I often looked at the trees blowing in the wind to inspire daydreams.

Third hall had nice big windows. But they were covered with one of those cloth blinds 100% of the time. And we were warned never to touch them because the oils on our hands could ruin them. They let in light, for daytime meetings, but that was about it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Example 'new style' Kingdom Hall with windows

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit