Why do Jehovah's Witnesses churches have no windows?

by Kenneson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So they won't see the bloodstreaked hands and faces of the damned against the windows during the 'big A'

mwahahahaha !

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think I heard the general rule that halls in the US after the 60's don't have windows. Mine does, because it was built in '56. Right about now I could do without the sun in my eyes at dusk...

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Well, you know the saying, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

steve

• nevaagain
    nevaagain

i live in germany and all halls here new or old do have windows, so this might be only the case in the usa

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The kh I used to attend has barred windows, and I have never been in one in the UK without windows. However, the assmbly hall I used to go to for SDA's and CA'S has no windows in the actual auditorium, just at the front entrance.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    So they won't see the bloodstreaked hands and faces of the damned against the windows during the 'big A'

mwahahahaha !

I just had a post apocolyptic vision a la Shaun of The Dead just then! LOL!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

What is it with the arched windows?

CG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The first 'hall' that I went to - in the early 60's, had windows. They were the kind that were up high, an sideways... they even opened. This 'feature' came in handy whenever the A-C broke down.

The hall had windows though... cause they bought the building and they came with it. (I think it used to be a church? - memory is foggy here.)

I remember that they remodeled it several times though...

They also had heavy curtains that usually remained closed - so you couldn't see outside.

I just hope that in these newer ones - they provide enough 'power-fail' lighting so that the folks can see their way out, if the power ever fails. (...and regularly check the batteries - as they fail over time)

Regards,

Jim TX

• done4good
    done4good

The last one I belonged to had windows, (Millville,NJ). The original building was built in the 1950s. The hall I grew up in, (also originally built in the 1950s), did NOT have windows. Most recent trends in building lean towards "simplicity" so probably for some or all of the reasons mentioned above they would consider a windowless design.

j

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Why do the Catholic churches, Baptist churches, evangelical and other churches in my neighbourhood either have no windows or keep them covered?

Why does the local animal hospital keep its windows covered?

Why can't I see inside any office buildings from outside???

Why can't I peep into people's homes without risking arrest?

What is everyone trying to hide???

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit