Special Issue - September, 2006 Awake! - All 32 Pages Scanned

by daniel-p 40 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    You can "work at a university doing research" and not hold any higher degree than a BA...

I noticed that a long time ago with most articles they published. It became very annoying. A window washer can do research at a university. All they would have to do is work there and ask someone a question…walah! Research!

plm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Plum;

Yep, they'll research in all sorts of places, even the UN !

• kid-A
    kid-A

Same old crap re-packaged. Of course, they again completely ignore the overwhelming and remarkably complete fossil record of

early hominid evolution, since it blows their nonsense right out of the water. Not to mention the recent stunning discoveries of transitional

evolutionary forms between fish and land-amphibians and reptiles to birds.

The rubes they quote as the "JW" scientists are complete nobodies. E.K. Lonnig has published a total of 10 papers in his "illustrious 28 year career".Its normal to publish

10 papers alone from your Doctoral work!!! LOL. "Paula Kincheloe" is a no-name lab technician from Emory with NO publications whatsoever and is technically, not even a research

scientist. As for the interview with "Booby Behe", all of his nonsense has been debunked by the community, where he now has very little credibility.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Thanks for the scans Just read through it all, not one iota of science in it. But then we all expected that anyway

The only interesting thing was the watching the world that mentioned that a live giant squid had been photographed.

• VM44
    VM44

Leolaia wrote:

"Okay so I opened the issue and the first thing that assaulted the senses was that whale picture...I have a whale phobia so that freaks me out, but I can't blame them for that...."

Well I think we all now know what Leolaia's most un-favorite Star Trek movie is.

--VM44

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When did Awake! go to monthly? I always remember it being released on the 8th and 22nd of each month.

• jstalin
    jstalin

If there is no evolution, then the logical conclusion is that Noah's ark had room for all 1,200,000 species of invertebrates and all 58,000 species of vertebrates, in addition to all 5 million species of bacteria, 1.5 million species of fungi, and all 287,000 species of plants.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    When did Awake! go to monthly? I always remember it being released on the 8th and 22nd of each month.

Yea it was just changed this January, I believe. It's monthly now, as a monthly magazine is actually a "brightening," and "streamlining" and in no way represents a "downsizing" of the organization.

• moshe
    moshe

Same old WT stuff- set up a strawman arguement and then knock it down with their weak scholarship. If Jehoovah is such a grand creator, then why are 90% of all the creatures that ever existed extinct? How many species must God create to find the perfect model? They never mention this, do they? Fact is that we only exist because of a previous total extinction event wiped out most land based animal life- a meteor impact perhaps. Whatever it was, big mean T-Rex and his cousins were incinerated and man eventually has taken over as top predator in the last 50,000 years or so. In all likelyhood at some date in the future man will meet his total extinction event and be replaced by a different creature from Jehoovah's grand creation. Maybe next time, an insectoid race will do a better job with planet Earth.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for the download, Daniel-p. I got it okay.

Would you happen to have the August issue for download? I saw a post where they mentioned some doctor who wrote in his book that "blood is an organ". I can see where they are going with this. I think eventually they will quote a few doctors, as they always do, and change the blood policy by saying that these doctors said that blood is an organ, and we already accept organ transplants, so the witnesses can now have the "organ" called "blood".

So, I would really love to get my hands on an August '06 issue, including the downloaded version.

Either way, thanks again for the September '06 issue.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit