Special Issue - September, 2006 Awake! - All 32 Pages Scanned

by daniel-p 40 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I've wanted to scan this issue as soon as I could get my hands on it, so here it is. Some of the pictures are little screwed up because of the scan resolution, but it's all readable. Hope you enjoy.

Here is a link to download the PDF file: http://www.mysharefile.com/v/1459453/Awake_September_2006.pdf.html

Make sure you wait for about 20 seconds in the download queue, otherwise you won't see the download link.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sorry, but I'm getting an empty file....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Sorry, but I'm getting an empty file....

Did you wait for the download queue? You have to wait like 20 seconds before it will give you the download link.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ooooooo hooohooooo hee hee...
    *nerdish giggles*

Thanks D-P!!!
    -K

• lilybird
    lilybird

When I downloaded it to my computer and then opened it.. it worked fine for me.. Thanks for the scan..I got the shivers reading it,, brings back bad memories..LOL

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Ooooooo hooohooooo hee hee...

*nerdish giggles*

-K

I did it with you in mind. Have fun!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

thanks home skillz! Special my a&*!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I waited for the queue but apparently with Firefox I cannot choose to download directly, I was able to get the file by first choosing to open the PDF which then opens another window of the same page, wait through the queue a second time, and then I was able to download. Maybe the page loaded weirdly.

Okay so I opened the issue and the first thing that assaulted the senses was that whale picture...I have a whale phobia so that freaks me out, but I can't blame them for that....

The next thing that hit me was that I wonder if this was what the "new Awake!" was supposed to be like. The whole issue is on this single theme, even the Watching the World! And the "How Would You Answer" page is so kiddie-oriented (even with a Highlights-like "point out the errors in this picture") that I wonder if this is a new "provision" they are giving to the young'uns or if they've had stuff like this in the literature for a while?

And they are still hawking the Creation book? I guess the Creator book wasn't entirely supposed to replace it.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Playing catch-up with the ID debate...

Page 22, Kenneth Lloyd Tanaka (who he?) has the following pull-quote:

Something Cannot Come From Nothing

Errr.... ok, so that's his religion over then! No something-from-nothing = no god.

• skeptic2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit