When is it appropriate for a JW to refuse to supply a Watchtower???

by Black Sheep 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

Black Sheep

You could always do like me and find someone who is a JW's Return Visitâ„¢. One of my workmates regularly brings me the magazines a couple of days after her JW caller comes to visit. She said they'd just end up in the trash, unread, otherwise.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    When is it appropriate for a JW to refuse to supply a Watchtower???

Why'd you want one?

• Scully
    Scully
    "Is there something in those mags that you don't want me to see?"

Most JWs wouldn't know the answer to that because they haven't read them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Why'd you want one?

The study articles of the mags I asked for cover topics that my wife and my son in law had tried to deceive me on.

They had tried to infer that the religion had outgrown the cultish mentality that it had displayed in my youth. These Watchtowers show that that is not the case. I doubt that my daughter realised that when she refused to get them for me.

She claimed that she had not read them all as some of them were not available to them on the remote island they were helping building a KH on.

Cheers

Chris

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've never heard of anyone being refused a copy of the watchtoer after requesting one. Nost of the dubs around here would be glad to make the placement, as there are plenty of people who refuse to take a mag when offerred.

• carla
    carla

My jw said I could look at his jw stuff only if I promise not to put it on the internet. Are they really that unaware? I even told him the elders book, letters, Russel, Rutherford, etc.. is already on the internet!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I was told by a family member, "I can only give you one (1) copy of the Awake! on blood, provided you do not trash it....respect its authority." I have not seen this copy. I don't think I will, either. Doesn't matter, got a copy from another avenue.

I regularly send family members all the news stories on the JWs, and any advanced releases by the WTS. It irks them to no end.

Skeeter

• garybuss
    garybuss

The easiest way for me to get Watch Tower Publishing Corporation produced literature is to wait till they are a year or two old and pick up the bound volumes from E-bay.

I've asked for magazines in the past, and the reply from the "Witness" salesperson was: "Why do you want them?".

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

..That would have been a better read! I wonder if that book is still around or most likely burned or trashed. Too bad. I'm curious what the 'corrections' were.

..truth.ceeker..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I've asked for magazines in the past, and the reply from the "Witness" salesperson was: "Why do you want them?".

It's a valid question. Why would anyone want them? Perhaps the JW sales rep is beginning to see the light.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit