When is it appropriate for a JW to refuse to supply a Watchtower???

by Black Sheep 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

    I have been refused copies of recent Watchtowers by my daughter.

    She will give them to me....

    "If you can tell me that you think JW may have the truth and that is why you want to read them you can have them."

    Do any of you know of any instructions from the Wackotower for refusing to supply someone with their litterature?



  • vomit

    Well it just anecdotal but my Mother will say.

    " I am not going to give you that book to be critical of Jehovahs organisation."

  • Arthur

    I always had the suspicion that this is why the Society eliminated personal subscriptions. If this is truly the most critical, life-saving message in the history of mankind, wouldn't they want it to be as easy as possible for people to gain access to the Watchtower mags? I think that they are in a reactionary mode and doing everything that they can to keep literature out of the hands of apostates.

    That's pretty bad when they are afraid to give you Watchtower literature because you might "use it to be critical of the organization".

    Should not truth be able to stand up to open scrutiny and be able to pass the test? Apparently, in the minds of JWs, truth should not be subject to any kind of open and honest scrutiny. Honest scrutiny is perhaps the biggest enemy to their ideology and dogma.

  • unclebruce

    Where I was raised we 'placed literature' with everyone, opposers or not. Once a Christodelphian came to the Kingdom Hall and bought an Aid Book. Now that was a damned big publication with it's fine print and thin pages. This guy came back 3 months later with it marked, underlined, highlighted and filled with marginal notes. The looney had studied it harder than any of us and handed his copy back in which he had "corrected all the errors" lol what a guy! Times may have changed and the socety may be encouraging the flockers to be more frugal .. no more stacks of mags under the bed or handing out literature without a comitment to read it.

  • ozziepost


    Things are improving, eh?

  • Stephanus

    I concur. Once upon a time, it was easy to get mags off Dubs. But the last time, a few months ago, it was like pulling teeth, trying to get some mags off the streetwalking Dubs.

  • Scully

    Note the key words and phrases:

    If you can tell me that you think JW may have the truth

    You could certainly say that you "think" JWs "may" have the truth. She doesn't ask you to quantify your definition of "may". So you could say "JWs may have the truth", meaning 0.01% probability, and she will hear you say "JWs may have the truth", meaning 99.99% probability.

    There's always Theocratic War Strategy™ too. You could say "What if those are the issues of the magazines that may contain just the right words to reach your hardened Apostate™ heart and cause you to reform your ways and go back to The Truth™? How would she feel if Armageddon™ came and Jehovah summoned her and said that because she withheld these vital truths from you and caused your destruction, she would have to forfeit Living Forever In Paradise On Earth™?"

  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

    You said a mouthful there Arthur. I agree absolutely.

    LOL at Uncles Christodelphian

    Sick of Lies is banned from the KH and I'm banned from getting Watchtowers. Everyone else in my street has been offered Watchtowers and been invited to the Deliverdunce talk at the arsembly, but me, an unbaptised child of JWs isn't worthy of WT wizzdum.



  • JWdaughter

    Throwing pearls after swine, and all that, you know! They have to pay for those things, so I guess they can refuse to share them, but why? If they have nothing to fear, nothing to be ashamed of. . .she should figure that all the spiritual food she can get near you would only improve her chances at converting you. Or something.

  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

    I did think of saying something along those lines Scully, but instead I asked, "Is there something in those mags that you don't want me to see?"

Share this