My dad died....

by crazyblondeb 46 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

((((Shelley))))

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

{{{{{{{{{{{Shelly}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I think I can say for most of us that we are concerned and will be grateful when you post again

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please don't take the pain out on yourself. Try to meditate on anything outside your pain.

If it will be a good thing for you, I hope you can make the funeral.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Sorry about your loss.
    To give an idea of how much I understand. 36 years ago my dad packed us up and sent Mom and us 1500 miles away to Mom's hometown. Since then, I've never been informed in a timely fashion of the passing of any member of his side of the family. They are not Dubs, so I don't know what the problem is. I usually find out a few years after a death when I ask Dad on the phone "what is so and so doing these days?". All of my uncles and many of my cousins I was close to before we left have died and I usually find out long after.
    The record for short time was about a week after the burial in the case of my grandmother. The only reason I found out so fast was that I'd called to let Dad know about the birth of my son and caught his new wife instead. She told me about Grandmother's death. I know that folks at the hospital still wonder how the hell that hole ended up in the wall in the old OB/GYN wing at the hospital (I punched through both tile and concrete block to put it there). I am sure not telling them!
    Forscher

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I can't tell you all how much it means to have this support. Tears are pouring down I'm sooo touched. One of you very special people have even offered to help with flowers. I'm reallyoverwhelmed.

I spent some time today with my daughter and granddaughter. My daughter is taking it hard, since she's a single mom and can't go. But she tries to act tough. What really pisses me off is that I have alot of aunts around here that are going to texas, and they didn't even offer her a ride.

The last 24 hours I've been thru evey emotion. Yes, wanting to die was there at the top. But, I'm ok today. I have my daughter and granddaughter, and my family here. The support here is so great. I love you all very much!

shelley

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

My love and sympathy, Shelley

I wish we could all be there for you instead of just being here for you, and somehow help to make things better.

~Merry

• hubert
    hubert

(((((((shelley))))))

So sorry for your loss.

You did attempt to make ammends, so please don't feel guilty about anything.

Hubert

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Shelley,

I am so.. very sorry about your dad. Please know our thoughts and hearts go out to you.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit