For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

Correct and that is why in Finegan's Table as quoted previously shows Cyrus' first year from 538/537 BCE in short it either began in either 538 or 537BCE as noted in the Insight book. It certainly did not begin in either January of 538 or January 537 but simply began and ran within that period 538-537 BCE. My tabulation simply began with the first month of Nisan, March/ April in 538 BCE thus having the seventh month falling in 537 BCE.

I noticed that you did not comment as to Jonsson is not critical of 537 and the Society's methodology and is not dogmatic as you are for 538 BCE. Perhaps this silence or omission proves that it is you that is foolish.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    My tabulation simply began with the first month of Nisan, March/ April in 538 BCE thus having the seventh month falling in 537 BCE.

'scholar', you're a moron. You do know where in the year April is, don't you? If you count seven months from April, it does not take you into the following year. You're just embarrassing yourself.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I'll be back to thoroughly debunk thirdwitness' drivel after work.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scholar,don`t you get it yet?AlanF will continue to boot your ass all over this board if you don`t show some hint of intellegence.He`ll be back,answer your question,and you`ll still be as smart as you are right now.If it were`nt for the newbie`s and lurkers I doubt he would bother..It`s like throwing "Pearl`s before Swine."..I know you won`t figure that out,so I`ll explain it..AlanF along with many others who care about this board,are throwing out Pearls of wisdom,you are unable to appreciate it...OUTLAW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

scholar,

Unlike you, AlanF apparently feels no compulsion to either align himself with or against Jonsson's works (which I still haven't read). From my observations, he seems more interested in analysis of the data available and drawing rational conclusions from said data. This seems to me what a scholar would do. Why do I not observe you doing the same?

AuldSoul

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Clearly calling Scholar a scholar is like calling a bald man, Curly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

jayhawk1,there was a bald guy named "Curly".He was one of the "Three Stooges".There was Moe,Larry and Curly.. Scholar is Curly(not as smart as Moe), 3rdWitness is just as stubborn and intelectually challanged as Moe..We`re missing a Stooge!!!...I`m sure one will show up soon...LOL!!...OUTLAW

• AlanF
    AlanF

It astounds me, Neil, that with every post you become ever more stupid. Do you have someone like a ghostly Hannibal Lector sitting beside you when you post, having cut off the top of your head, holding toenail clippers and snipping away at your brain every time you post? There must be quite a pile of brain matter on the floor by your computer now. Indeed, every day you better fulfill your title:

scholar pretendus stupidus maximus said:

: Correct and that is why in Finegan's Table as quoted previously shows Cyrus' first year from 538/537 BCE in short it either began in either 538 or 537BCE

Unbelievable. Previously, you advanced an equally ridiculous bit of gibberish when you claimed that Finegan's table meant that "that first year was evenly divided or lay equally between the 538 and 537," Now you claim something quite different. Can you say, "braindead inconsistency"? Obviously, that Lector spectre is having an effect.

The many references I gave you from Finegan's book show clearly that the table in question indicates that the years of Cyrus' reign spanned the years given. Namely, his accession year spanned 539 and 538; his 1st year spanned 538 and 537; his 2nd year spanned 537 and 536.

The fact is that you failed to read any of the references I gave, including those from the Insight book. Such a complete moron you are!

: as noted in the Insight book.

The Insight book notes nothing of the kind. If you think it does, then quote and discuss what you think it says.

Of course, you'll do no such quoting and discussing.

The Insight book directly contradicts your stupid claims. Discussing the basis for the 539 date for the fall of Babylon, it said:

it-1 p. 453 Chronology
    As the ninth year of Cyrus II as king of Babylon was 530 B.C.E., his first year according to that reckoning was 538 B.C.E. and his accession year was 539 B.C.E.

If Cyrus' first year did not begin in 538, but in 537, then Babylon fell in 538, and Watchtower chronology has no basis for the 607 date -- it would be 606. But again you're too stupid to connect the dots.

Reinforcing what Insight says, the 1981 book "Let Your Kingdom Come" states:

kc p. 189 Appendix to Chapter 14
    Historians accept that Cyrus conquered Babylon in October 539 B.C.E. and that Cyrus’ first regnal year began in the spring of 538 B.C.E.

Are you going to claim that the Watchtower Society's "celebrated scholars" are wrong?

With no room for your type of waffling over whether Cyrus' first year began in 538 or 537, Insight states:

it-2 p. 44 Jerusalem
    In "the first year" (evidently as ruler over Babylon) of Cyrus the Persian (538 B.C.E.) the royal decree went forth freeing the exiled Jews.

Are you going to continue to claim that the Watchtower Society's "celebrated scholars" are wrong?

No, you won't admit that you claim that these men are wrong. You'll simply ignore everything in this post.

: It certainly did not begin in either January of 538 or January 537

No one said it did, you idiot.

: but simply began and ran within that period 538-537 BCE.

Oh really. But just a couple of sentences ago, you said that it began in either 538 or 537. If it began in 538, then it ended in 537. If it began in 537, then it ended in 536. Are you so stupid that you don't understand that a one-year regnal period cannot span more than one year? Obviously so.

: My tabulation simply began with the first month of Nisan, March/ April in 538 BCE thus having the seventh month falling in 537 BCE.

Again you prove yourself a total idiot. If the first month was Nisan of 538, then the 7th month was Tishri of 538. Let's do some horrendously complex arithmetic to show this, shall we?

538___Nisan___Month 1
    538___Iyyar___Month 2
    538___Sivan___Month 3
    538___Tammuz__Month 4
    538___Ab______Month 5
    538___Elul____Month 6
    538___Tishri__Month 7

Do you notice any transition from 538 to 537 in this simple table? It wouldn't suprise me in the least if you do. You're a complete and utterly braindead twit.

: I noticed that you did not comment as to Jonsson is not critical of 537 and the Society's methodology

Of course I did, you idiot. Go back and read my posts again.

: and is not dogmatic as you are for 538 BCE.

And?

: Perhaps this silence or omission proves that it is you that is foolish.

Not one iota.

The fact that you can manage to claim that the year before 537 was 537, that the 7th month after Nisan 538 was in 537, thus skipping an entire year, that you can fail to comprehend the simplest notions of the Julian and Jewish calendars, proves that it is you who are a complete and utter fool.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

OUTLAW said:

: We`re missing a Stooge!!!

How about petitioning Simon to let Fred Hall back on?

AlanF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AlanF,Ok you got me laughing.That does bring back memories.I was gonna tear a strip off him,then I found out he had cancer,so I held back..I took a vacation from the board.When I came back,I found out he had been an absolute heartless bastard to someone on the board(he was such a jerk most of the time),and had been tossed off.So much for mercy to swine..LOL!!..I`m so happy to see your still here,you are such a wealth of information to all..My best to you and the Mrs...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit