Does the Policy of the Watchtower Create a Safe Haven for Child Molesters?

by listen 149 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• serendipity
    serendipity

And that's another typical 3W tactic.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    If you know a religion with a better policy then show us.

3w, it's not the policy that's bad. It's the way that it is implemented, or rather not implemented as written, that is wrong. You can spout all you like about sites like silentlambs and all the victims who have spoken out in public being apostate liars, but I personally know someone who was disfellowshipped after she went to the police regearding her husbands' abuse. She went to the elders first, on several occasions, but because her husband denied the allegation, they did nothing, despite the fact that all four of his daughters complained as well.

The wts may well have what appears to be a good policy regarding child abuse, but if they fail to implement it when such a case arises, they may as well not have a policy at all.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Third witness your shooting the messenger i was born 1957 a JW 3rd generation and am an eyewitness to the "two witness takedown" subterfuge being selectively enforced to whitewash and cover up everything from high crimes & capital offenses to back stabbing gossip.

Dude-where's your two witnesses?After a punkass MS slashes my truck tires

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Rhetoric rheteric and more retoric no matter how you spell it. How about some proof that JWs do not have the best child abuse policy of any religion.

• AlanF
    AlanF

thirdwitness said:

: Rhetoric rheteric and more retoric no matter how you spell it. How about some proof that JWs do not have the best child abuse policy of any religion.

What would you accept as proof?

AlanF

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

3W,
    I might have missed it, but may I get the BOE or articles or whatever that is from? I would like to look it up myself to read the whole article. Thanks.
    CG21

• shadow
    shadow

3rd,

Do you believe that elders are qualified to question or interview a child who has been sexually abused?

Should the WT apologize to victims of elders known to have a history of child molestation when they were appointed?

Should the Society offer any financial assistance to care for the needs of children abused by elders or MS?

Should the Catholic Church offer any financial assistance to care for the needs of children abused by priests?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Do you believe that elders are qualified to question or interview a child who has been sexually abused?

Only concerning their spiritual welfare and well being and to protect the flock. They are not professional pyschologists and some people should no doubt seek such professional help. Elders are only their to help spiritually and keep the congregation clean from child abusers.

Should the WT apologize to victims of elders known to have a history of child molestation when they were appointed?

If the WT knowingly put a practicing child molester in a position of responsibility of course they should apologize.

Should the Society offer any financial assistance to care for the needs of children abused by elders or MS?

NO, those elders or MS who comitted the crime of child molesting should pay. Should the WT pay for the other crimes that elders might do such as murder, stealing, etc? That would be absurd.

Should the Catholic Church offer any financial assistance to care for the needs of children abused by priests?

This is what the courts say about that. Yes, they should pay. So far 1.5 billion dollars because they reassign child molesters to different parts of the country unlike JWs who df practicing child molesters and never allow them to be servants. As for the WTS, the courts have awarded -137,000 dollars. Please see Boer Vs WT in the blog.

• observer
    observer
    This is what the courts say about that. Yes, they should pay. So far 1.5 billion dollars because they reassign child molesters to different parts of the country unlike JWs who df practicing child molesters and never allow them to be servants.

How about this court case against Watchtower ?

Around 1978 Villegas began sexually abusing another young girl aged about 7, but she told her father who reported it to the congregation elders. Following Watchtower instructions, the congregation elders gave Villegas private reproof. but they neither reported the abuse to the authorities nor warned congregation members, which allowed Villegas to continue to molest other children. Over the next 20-plus years, Watchtower continued to appoint Villegas to leadership positions within the organisation. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/116108/1.ashx
  • avengers
    avengers
    In light of the evidence, it is amazing that anyone would believe the lies coming out of the mouths of Bill Bowen and his noisy organization and other critics and opposers of JW's child abuse policy. To the chagrin of all apostates and enemies of JWs, JWs have the best child abuse policy of any religion, bar none. And after all, isn't that what you would expect from an organization directed by the God that is love and the Most High over all, Jehovah

. I guess you could say I'm one of those critics. Well here's my answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit