WTS Running Out of Money? Letter to all congregations...

by drew sagan 58 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A few days ago my wife commented on a letter sent out to all congregations (in the U.S.A.?) regarding donations. Se said it was long and boaring, but in the end there where a few points she remembered.
    - The Society was asking that all publishers contribute $8 to a special fund to take care of CO's and DO's.
    - They again stress they will take dontations that have been given specifically for relief work, but would rather have funds given to the WWW.
    - They stressed at the end 'don't forget about our international work as well'.
    There was other stuff, but this is what she remembered.

Does anybody have a copy of this letter? Also, I know there has been talk about a lawsuit and the WTS's liability when it comes to retired worked and overseers. What was the lawsuit and how is it effecting things. Could you guys put me in the right direction? Thanks

-Drew

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    - The Society was asking that all publishers contribute $8 to a special fund to take care of CO's and DO's.

How many publishers™ are in the USA? About a million? So they're asking for $8 million from the US JWs alone, and there's no way to verify if the money is actually going to be used for it's stated purpose.

Nice scam.

W

• anewme
    anewme

That is very different. I dont remember the Society EVER SUGGESTING A MONETARY PRICE FOR A DONATION BEFORE!
    Oh I feel for my relatives in there. They will give willingly of course.

Should someone notify the IRS?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    They again stress they will take donations that have been given specifically for relief work, but would rather have funds given to the WWW.

lmao! Looks like they caught hell for trying to get people to donate all "relief work" money to the "World Wide Work" fund. I'm amazed the IRS did not investigate them... or perhaps they did and we just never heard about it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The Society was asking that all publishers contribute $8 to a special fund to take care of CO's and DO's.

Nothing new downunder - we've had this for ten years - it's to upkeep their vehicles.

• undercover
    undercover
    The Society was asking that all publishers contribute $8 to a special fund to take care of CO's and DO's.

They've been doing that for years now. I think it includes insurance of vehicles used by the traveling overseers and other expenses incurred by them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may be that they are not running out of money but that they are just milking the flock for more cash. There was a time when they were accusing other religions for demanding contributions from all their members.

It's a very greedy and uncharitable society.

• Scully
    Scully

But don't the congregations ALREADY pass resolutions after every CO/DO visit to cover their expenses while serving the congregation?

I remember having a portion of their vehicle lease figured in (I'm not kidding!!) their gas, their meals, dry cleaning, and even the cost of car repairs when the car broke down during the CO's scheduled visit.

So the WTS wants $8 million per month from JWs in the USA, and probably $1.16 million per month from JWs in Canada, to cover expenses that they are already covering?? I smell bull$h!t.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

So the wts is holding out the begging bowl again, and the faithful will respond. I'll bet they know exactly how much they can expect from each congregation as well. Nothing changes in jw fantasy land.

• oldflame
    oldflame

The next thing you know they will be passing the plate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit