My marriage is over because Jehovah was not the third string

by Chasity1 33 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

So even when dubs are married *technically* they still have a chaperone?

No thanks. :)

• blondie
    blondie

So what explains all the marriages that are succeeding without Jah as a third cord?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Chastity,

I wish you well in your single life. I got a big kick out of your letter - love the irreverence.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, perfect. Does your mom have a sick sense of humor? Cuz I'm not responsible for estrangement that may occur :-D

• damselfly
    damselfly

.......could use some more sarcasm I think LOL

Let us know how that goes over.

Dams

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

She has shunned me since I was df'd. My sis only talks to me when she wants something. We can't get anymore estranged from each other. This is a good thing. I will get a laugh and hopefully some kind of reaction out of them and they will be able to tell their jw friends about my blasphemy. They will talk about for weeks and weeks.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think the third cord is really the Watchtower Society.

Check this out http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/Page381.htm to see that the divorce rate amongst JW's is the same as for the world.

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

Okay final version

Dear Mom and Sxxxxx,

I heard from the family that you are saying that xxxxxx and I split up because we did not have Jehovah's blessing and Jehovah was not the third string. I will have you know that xxxxxx and I prayed for Jehovah's hand of guidance every time we made love, and we would even imagine that Jehovah was standing there watching us lovingly. If anything, it made our marriage stronger, by spicing it up a little.

I have a question for you though:

What explains all the marriages that are succeeding without Jehovah as a third cord?

Also check out this link http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/Page381.htm

It was written by a fellow apostate from Australia who has researched this matter. You will find where JW's divorce rate compare to the "world". He used your own literature and quotes from credible sources.

Sincerely,

Chasity

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I can't stand that expression Jehovah's the third cord in your marriage. I said to my wife when studyibg the Family book, that it sounds like a kinky marriage. She wasn't impressed with my comments at the time.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Oh Chasity..you made me laugh and laugh. I hope your mom appreciates your humor as much as I do. She probably won't...but whatever.

good luck in your new life.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit