Kingdumb Halls??

by Wordly Andre 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I'm not sure if this has been talked about already, but why are there no windows inside Kingdumb halls?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been in several halls, some with windows and some without. The one they built a few blocks from me a few months ago has some windows. They are covered, much like all the other churches and businesses in the neighbourhood. In my city the halls without any windows at all are located in higher crime areas.

W

• dobbie
    dobbie

Does it depend on the country you live?There's loads of windows in ours, though there are'nt any at the big building where the assemblies are held.Probably so you've nothing else to to look at or give you attention to other than the speaker - full mind control!(Come to thing of it now cos i haven't been for a while, all the windows have blinds up so no you can't see out of them anyway)!

• Warlock
    Warlock

To offset the Kingdom Halls in 3rd world countries that have no walls, but 4 huge windows, and a roof.

Warlock

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

We were in two and both had windows. Isn't it a safety issue if there are no windows? I know they make good escape routes in case of fire or other emergency. Also, I would find it creepy to be in a hall with no windows, and besides if I can't look outside and daydream at the meeting, what good is it to go. Oh, thats right - I don't anymore. Lilly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    In my city the halls without any windows at all are located in higher crime areas.

Not always, I live in a town of over 50,000 with a fairly low rate of crime and the kingdom hall here has no windows except for the front glass door they just installed. That hall is less than a mile for police station too.

Josie

• kid-A
    kid-A

8 large windows in ours, but its an older one from the 50s. It depends on the city and country but most new ones being built

dont have windows. I think its more an issue of making sure the dubs have no "outside" distractions during the propaganda sessions.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

All the kingdom halls I ever went to had windows, though they were covered on the outside with wire mesh to protect them from vandalism. I never went to one without windows.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Wow ok didn't know some had windows, all the ones I went to never did, but that is not saying anything really you could count on one hand how many halls I went to. My cousin also asked me this question, when she was little her family were nonJW but my aunts and uncles tried to convert her, she ran away from them, but this was something that she remembered too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In any event, I don't see what the big deal is. Windows are not a desirable escape route according to any fire regulations I've seen. Opening windows to escape a fire also serves to feed a fire with more oxygen. When the fire inspector looked at the 3 halls I was in he was much more concerned about the doors and any obstructions that might hinder access to them.

The only windows I routinely see uncovered are storefronts, who use their windows to display their products. Few churches have any windows at all. If they do, they're covered. The JW practice of covering windows, or not having any, is not unusual by any stretch of the imagination.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit