Can You be announced DF w/Out a JC Meeting?

by mama1119 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

My parents just got a phone call from a longtime inactive witness who heard from his very active witness wife that they were announced df'd. We don't know if its it true or not becuase none of us go to meetings anymore and have no inside sources at the hall to tell us (as we are apostates, who would tlak to us????) The elders have tried a couple times to talk to them but my Dad avoids them. Can they be df'd without a meeting...has this happened to anyone here???

• sir82
    sir82

Without a JC meeting? No--there will always be a group of 3 elders who decide this.

Can they hold a JC meeting without you present, and then decide to DF you? Absolutely, it happens all the time. I think some of the posters on this board can vouch for that.

Technically, such a meeting should be rare, the elders should give you an opportunity to attend. But if they "invite" you and you don't show, you may well be gone. It is very likely they would view intentionally missing the JC meeting as a sign of "lack of repentance".

And of course some elders do pretty much whatever they feel like. So long as they fill in the forms sent to the Society "correctly", no one would be the wiser.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Happens all the time - my last DFing I didn't show for a JC but was DFed anyway.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If they hold a jc and invite you, and you fail to attend, then yes, they can df you.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Once you let elders know you are not allowing them anymore access to your life or in no uncertain terms you let them know your problem is no longer their concern.....you become dangerous to the congregation so although you have made decision to not be a JW anymore.....they will announce you as DF'D. As in my case, I was told that nobody even knew who they were talking about on the podium......I was already out 3years if the jerks would have cared to even notice!!!!! A total joke.

rocky220

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I was invited to attend a judicial meeting - even though I had told the Elder who invited me over 8 months previous I would no longer be attending meetings due to something I disagreed with over a society teaching. I refused to attend and later heard I had been DF. As was already said, they become scared of the knowledge you can gain whilst outside and still being able to talk to people you know.

CS 101

• blondie
    blondie

In this area, my husband (ex-elder) says they have been instructed to try and contact the person 3 times by registered mail. They are also supposed to notify you to let you know you have one week to appeal their decision. (If they refused the registered mail, it still counts as an attempt; some elders count leaving a message on your answering machine as an attempt as well as leaving a note on your door).

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If they hold a jc and invite you, and you fail to attend, then yes, they can df you.

Absolutely............I know several that this happened to in the past five years.

In this area, my husband (ex-elder) says they have been instructed to try and contact the person 3 times by registered mail. They are also supposed to notify you to let you know you have one week to appeal their decision.

If that's true, it's either a fairly new policy or just in your area, Blondie. My cousin only had multiple phone calls, that she didn't answer thanks to Caller ID, and no message was left. We assumed they didn't want a recorded record.

• blondie
    blondie
    (If they refused the registered mail, it still counts as an attempt; some elders count leaving a message on your answering machine as an attempt as well as leaving a note on your door).

You forgot this comment after that, Mulan. Many elder bodies are content with one refusal to meet..not responding to their attempt. I'm just talking about the elders I knew.........

We know that elder bodies are not uniform in applying advice/counsel from the WTS any more than the WTS is uniform in the giving of it.

Blondie

• lesterd
    lesterd

Yup, and it more and more common, they have a stradgy now that relieves them of that blood guilt, they ask if you believe the organization is Jehovahs channel of truth, or do you consider yourself a JW? and if the answer is no, they read aletter of Dissassociation. The organization is made up of attorney minded writers and if you start to read with understanding, you will see how things are "simular to" or "paralells" a prophecy or doctrine, but NEVER says, fullfilled, and then it will go on to state forcefully that this is how it applies, with out taking resposiblity for the misunderstandings and misdirections given. There is always a backdoor for them to slide out of, and then lay the blame on the sheep who have been lead down a path that has cost them lively hood and many times thier lives and freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit