Can You be announced DF w/Out a JC Meeting?

by mama1119 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Always easier for the elders when a person does not show up after being invited to the JC, expecially on apostasy or other wrongdoing.

By not showing up you are admitting you are guilty and makes their job easier. They wash their hands and thei are done with you.

DF and now the burden is on you if you want to come back.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes because now they have a new policy, I think this was posted already but don't know where. If the elders feel you are behaving in a way that shows you no longer uphold Jehovah's standards, they can announce that you are no longer to be considered a JW, whether they speak with you or not.

It was maybe a six months ago - does anyone remember this?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I did it backwards. I invited the elders by registered mail and when they didn't show up, I disfellowshipped THEM.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I never had a meeting. Once elder dad found out I had finally fornicated, he told me on the phone I would be DFd, I said OK, so be it. I don't know if they ever had JC meeting, I guess they would have though, because elder dad wouldn't have just abruptly gone on the stage and made an announcement without the other elders knowing. I admit, when I left, I really wasn't familiar with JC meetings.

Nikki

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I was told that I needed to announce my dissassociation before two elders in person, which did not ever happen because my father-in-law stepped in, but apparently they reconsidered and counted my phone call to two different elders as enough and announced I had DA'd.. when all I wanted to do was the fade because of my now ex's family who were all JWs in our state.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I did it backwards. I invited the elders by registered mail and when they didn't show up, I disfellowshipped THEM.

Gary...That sounds like the right way to do it to me. Keep the power for yourself.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was disfellowshipped without being invited to a JC. I showed up at the KH with a lawyer and forced them to reverse the decision. If you are disfellowshipped with the proper procedures outlined in the organizations bylaws (in the JW's case the WT, awake, organized book and the Flock book) then you have legal recourse for being removed from the group improperly, at least in Canada, and yes, there is legal precident for that.

Kwin

• freebird2000
    freebird2000

I sent a letter dissassociating myself from them.My Mother who remains J.W.informed me afterwards had I just layed low and kept quiet they would not have disfellowshipped me. freebird2000

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome freebird!

• In Between
    In Between

Df'd without attending a JC?

Kind of puts the kabosh on the whole 'two witnesses are needed' line of logic. I was told that even if I walked in on my 'X' while she was screwing her 'freind', that my testomony was not enought to DF her ... I was told I needed TWO witnesses before they could act.

This whole topic is so frustrating. I have a couple of elders showing up at my door every two months or so, wanting to do a 'sheparding' call on me. I keep avoiding them. It wouldn't suprise me to find out one day they just got tired of trying to meet with me and kicked me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit