Can You be announced DF w/Out a JC Meeting?

by mama1119 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ann in Texas
    ann in Texas

the elders can and most certainly have where I am from.

For about two months before i stopped attending, i was attending a different congregation. My work schedule had changed and the nights on which i had meetings were the same nights i had to work. well, at the same time, i was seen walking around with my disfellowshipped fiance. I was constantly busy and i wsa working 12 hour shifts. I was never home to answer the phone, i wasnot allowed to answer the phone while at work, and if someone went to visit, i was not there. Well when i did not anwer the elders phone calls, they left a note on my back door that i was suppose to be at a judicial committee meeting on a particular date. Well, i never entered the house through that door and i never saw the note.

A week later, i came home early from work for lunch, and they left a note on both doors saying that i was going to be disfellowshipped the following appropriate meeting. I was very upset with them and I went to complain. At the time, i still wanted to be there.

In essence, yeah; they can disfellowship you without a j/c

• done4good
    done4good

Yes, they can d/f you if you did not ATTEND the meeting. You can bet your behind they had a JC. Happens all the time.

j

• gymbob
    gymbob

Sure they can, and they do it all the time!

When I left, I tried to fade, but after a few months I was told they had an investigation going, and they wanted to meet with me because they had found (not true) reasons for disfellowshipping....

I told them, "I won't be there tomarrow night, my grandmother's funeral is tomarrow afternoon". It didn't matter, they told me that if I don't attend they would DF me. So, I walked in the hall and handed them a letter DA'ing myself. I know how those meetings work. I was really emotionally "spent" and really didn't care anymore.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't be so easy on them.........GYMBB

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, freebird.

I sent a letter dissassociating myself from them.My Mother who remains J.W.informed me afterwards had I just layed low and kept quiet they would not have disfellowshipped me. freebird2000

So your mother says, but who is to say what would have really happened? Does your mom still talk to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit