Would you go back if...

by 24k 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

I would under one condition . . . . . . . .

If they would allow me to make a pinata of J.F. Rutheford and beat it at the next Sunday meeting.

• Twitch
    Twitch

not a chance

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

No. I wouldn't want to associate with those idiots who tried to ruin my life, nearly wrecked our marriage, slandered me without getting the facts, pressuring me to go to meetings saying that I was un-spiritual when I was extremely ill and house bound. I can go on forever about why I'll never return.

IRONHEAD.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, the organisation is rotten to the core starting from it's inception. NO way would I ever go back now that I know the truth about "the truth.

Josie

• avengers
    avengers

Not for a million bucks.

2 million maybe.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I'm going out on a limb here and say probably YES.

I've always felt that JW could be a pretty nifty religion... kind of if it was like JW Lite. Same great taste - Half the Guilt kind of thing.

I mean... it's easy for us to say "no no no way" and stuff like that... But we all either picked this religion on believed in it somepoint in our life.

I left because of the hypocrisy (amongst other things)... but put that aside - who knows.

But in all honesty, I don't think it could happen - because even if the Gov Body said all these things... you go back to what Jesus said about the workers in the field.

You would have the ones that worked all day (elders, etc) that would be like... "WHHHHHAAT??? I've been toiling here ALL DAY LONG with al these rules and I stuck with and NOW you invite all these Sinners and they get the same reward as ME???!!!!???"

It would turn the organization upside down.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Our reasons for leaving were not so much the insidious Watchtower doctrines. They (doctrines)played second fiddle as compared to the shisters Watchtower had no problem leaving in charge here under the guise of "elders".

I told one of them once. (He was attempting to get me back to the hall) Why would I want to go back and see people that make my blood boil? Answer: Doh!

Dismembered

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Not for a million bucks.

2 million maybe.

Sure, take the money and run. Find a nice tropical island where the need is greater.Forget to leave them a forwarding address. W

• acadian
    acadian

I left the lie, for Truth, I can not go back to the lie! And as a non-profit corporation the authority over them is not God, but the State. Was Jesus incorporated? where did he get his authority, The State or God? No !

• avengers
    avengers
    Find a nice tropical island where the need is greater.Forget to leave them a forwarding address.

That's funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit