Would you go back if...

by 24k 40 Replies latest jw friends

What if the watchtower announced that they are not God's sole channel of spiritual truth? Along with this admission, would come an apology for all of the misleading and damaging predictions and past teachings. What if they also dumped the disfellowshipping arrangement, as currently practiced, and allowed for respectful disagreement and disent, on issues such as blood transfusions and military service? In other words, would you be willing to return to a more tolerant and balanced "organization"?

I find that I really don't care that much about some of the more theological/doctrinal issues, such as hell fire, eternal soul, etc.

• blondie
    blondie

No.....once an apple turns rotten, it cannot turn back to good.

Blondie

• dirtyface1
    dirtyface1

Diddo.

• daystar
    daystar

I don't have to read the body of your post... I would never, ever go back, for any reason.

• parakeet
    parakeet

When hell freezes over.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I went through too much agony for too long...missed out on too many things...and will probably spend the rest of my life cleaning up the wreckage. I am unable & unwilling to go through it all again...

No, thanks..

DR

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Never!!!!!!!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ok if it means that I would be accepted by them and would be known as a brother to all of them, and I would, never die, and if I did die I would have the joy to be awaken by god and spend eternity on a paradise on earth with a bunch of assholes?? HELL NO!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I might consider going back if the governing body called a nationally televised press conference, apologized for all their lies, mistakes, and abuses, and then proceeded to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze.

On second thought, no. I'd never go back.

W

• damselfly
    damselfly

If they did away with the df-ing then I would have my family back so I wouldn't need the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit