Small, but meaningful, moments of joy...

by daystar 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• FMZ
    FMZ
    "It's all about the love, man."

FMZ - Dallas Aposto Sweatfest August 29th, 2006.

You know it baby! It must be true, the new St Louis District Overbeer said it (plug): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/117760/1.ashx I'm glad everyone is getting something from this thread, good job Daystar. My only regret about the fest was not getting to talk to you and Brigid near as much as I would have liked. FMZ (St Louis District Overbeer)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    My only regret about the fest was not getting to talk to you and Brigid near as much as I would have liked.

You really missed out talking to a couple of great people. I was just fortunate to have brought a crowbar.

• damselfly
    damselfly

It's getting hot and steamy in here *fans self*

• daystar
    daystar

FMZ

My only regret about the fest was not getting to talk to you and Brigid near as much as I would have liked.

Yeah, but it was a party and we all enjoyed hanging out anyway. The kinds of discussions we'd likely have would probably require a slightly different environment.

"It's all about the love, man."

Ok, that is now the official FMZ quote...

But I say, also, Love under Will!

SixofNine

I was just fortunate to have brought a crowbar.
    Helluva lot of good it did ya!
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Helluva lot of good it did ya!

lol, hey, at least I got your names and the basics. I didn't have the heart to hook up the garden hose so we could have a real conversation

....and if I may get all mushy for a second, congrats to you both.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I'm glad everyone is getting something from this thread, good job Daystar. My only regret about the fest was not getting to talk to you and Brigid near as much as I would have liked. FMZ (St Louis District Overbeer)

I thought Daystar and Brigid were just perfect for each other. I like how it was put...much to my resistance to mushy stuff..."We were drawn to each other".

So it is a bit smarmy, but it gives me hope that people can actually let themselves go for a bit and enjoy the feelings. Sometimes we become so stifled as an adult in the dating field that we tend to lose that crazy innocence. I think it is wonderful. Hopefully this all stays a very good thing and we can have a little faith in true mushiness restored.

Sometimes I think as adults we all live in that world of "be careful" a bit too much.

I must add, I hate that life can harden us. I hate that people tend to make fun of the true mushy people. I hate that sometimes we are made to feel stupid for being a hopeless romantic. I hate that I give in to such thought process at times.

With that said, I say...

"Love on!"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I must add....there will be time for paying the rent later.

I think with time it might just grow into a deep love. We all know that first kiss is the deepest!

Love on

Luv On!

• Brigid
    Brigid
    Love on

Luv On!

Okay, if we must....and we must, I am sure.

I believe there are at the root of all things only two real forces...Love and Fear. Unfortunately, we mostly live out of a base of fear and approach even potential Love with fear; blocking it. Let all that go. Tell that special person what you are thinking. Nothing real can be harmed...nothing unreal exists.

Keep the faith. The layers are there for a reason but true love and connection are undeniable forces. Absolutely undeniable.

~Brigid

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Tell that special person what you are thinking. Nothing real can be harmed...nothing unreal exists.

lol

I will leave that up to you proffessionals.

• daystar
    daystar
    Sometimes I think as adults we all live in that world of "be careful" a bit too much.

I must add, I hate that life can harden us. I hate that people tend to make fun of the true mushy people. I hate that sometimes we are made to feel stupid for being a hopeless romantic. I hate that I give in to such thought process at times.

I've lived in that world for what seems like an eternity. I decided some time ago to stop hiding myself and to start letting people seem who I really am. I must give a certain amount of credit to JWD since I've allowed myself to open up here, to all of you, in ways I haven't to very many people outside of here. (Still protected my softer, inner core, however.)

I guess I figured that if I wanted to meet people who could be closely intimate friends or perhaps a real, pure love, I had to allow people to see who I really am. If people don't like it, well, I guess they don't need to be my friends.

However, that requires some amount of strength, as it can be very lonely at times. It also requires one to be prepared to let people go.

But I digress a bit. Yeah, I think I'm going to be mushy for a while yet. If anyone has a problem with it, well they can eff a whole lot of hell off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit