my daughter leaves for the ARMY thursday

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm sorry you are so sad about her joining the service. I used to want my son to join, but I would no longer encourage it enthusiastically. However, I wouldn't discourage him from doing what he felt was the right thing for him to do for himself or his country.

Personal honor and personal goals often require us to do things that make no sense to others(esp. our parents!) Be proud of her, smile through your fear and be glad that you raised a strong, capable young woman. And feel free to pray that she will be booted out of basic if you want to!:)If you want to, please tell her I admire her courage for joining and wish her the best-and I thank her for her service to our country. Shelly(mom to an 18, 14 and 6 year old)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    I can only wonder if the above reasoning is why the USA had to pull your fat out of the fire back in '44.

the only reason the USA entered the war is because you lot voted for a lying moron who's agenda was to put you in it.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Why don't she call?????????????????????

Purps, I don't mean to scare you but they may not let her. Not that they have her chained in a dungeon but they want to limit contact with home, friends and family when the new recruits are most likely to be scared and wish they could change their mind.

When my brother joined the Navy he (and my parents, who met the recruiter) was given all kinds of 'promises' about where he would be trained, what he'd be doing, etc. After he took the oath they said, "now that you're obligated...you're going the Great Lakes training center (not Southern Cal...this was in winter) and by the way we can change our mind about everything else you were "promised" before you officially enlisted."

He actually managed to call my parents from the airport (he wasn't supposed to but somehow managed it) in tears, telling them "get me out of this!" Naturally our whole family was horrified. Dad contacted the recruiter and was told "tough, he's ours now"

He got over it to some extent and managed fine, did well as a sailor, proud of his big aircraft carrier and all that...finished out his tour...but the whole experience left a bad taste in his mouth from the very beginning (I think it is very shortsighted of the military to treat people like this because you know it backfires). He got out as soon as his time was up, and afterward, when he got hit up to re-enlist, he said, "you lied to me the first time, you're never getting the chance to do that again."

It's sad, he was excited about the military and it could have been a great thing for him, but once they broke his trust that was it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    When my brother joined the Navy he (and my parents, who met the recruiter) was given all kinds of 'promises' about where he would be trained, what he'd be doing, etc. After he took the oath they said, "now that you're obligated...you're going the Great Lakes training center (not Southern Cal...this was in winter) and by the way we can change our mind about everything else you were "promised" before you officially enlisted."

this is exactly what we are going through.

she said her recruiters were liars and she wants out so bad........if she ever does get away, she will never go back.

It's sad, he was excited about the military and it could have been a great thing for him, but once they broke his trust that was it.

I can relate to this for her.........this is what will be most damaging...........the trust factor.

purps

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Somebody has to be in the Army for us.

Somebody has to expose & fight the Watchtower cult for us.

Somebody has to take out the trash for us.Best regards,Danny Haszard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit