my daughter leaves for the ARMY thursday

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    you look her in the eye, and shake her hand, and then hug her.

she wants nothing more than to know shes doing the right thing for you and her country.

Shake her hand for me.

Thanks Richie

will do both...........thanks for the good advice. I'm off to do just that!!!!

purps

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    What would you tell your 19 yr old friend, daughter, sister, cousin, Aunt.........that was getting ready to leave for the Army, knowing that they can back out until they say their oath before getting on the plane to leave for bootcamp.

i'd tell her not to be so ******* stupid.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    i'd tell her not to be so ******* stupid.

I can only wonder if the above reasoning is why the USA had to pull your fat out of the fire back in '44.

• bebu
    bebu

Sending some support to YOU, purple.

Your last post said it so well...

It's amazing how little control we have in this life, even though it seems we have so much. What kinds of events it takes for us to find it out...

bebu

• kid-A
    kid-A

What would you tell your 19 yr old friend, daughter, sister, cousin, Aunt.........that was getting ready to leave for the Army, knowing that they can back out until they say their oath before getting on the plane to leave for bootcamp.

Think of it this way. Knowing what we do now about the pointlessness of the Viet Nam war, what would your decision have been in 1968? Iraq is the Viet Nam of Bush Incorporated. A pointless war of attrition that will lead to nothing except the generation of new generations of terrorists and the deaths of thousands more Americans. It is a black hole of trillions of dollars of debt, which will ultimately end in the establishment the "Failed State" of Iraq, which will then descend into the abyss of civil war, as soon as the US army leaves. The lives of these soldiers are being wasted for a useless cause.

If this was 1939, I would have an entirely different response, knowing the obvious justification for WW2. Iraq is not a "war", it is now just the bush administration sending your children over to a hell hole to help him save face. This "war" has already failed.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Her plane leaves in an hour........I have been with her at the airport all this time. She is with a great group of people from this area......I took pics of them all.

this is her favorite song and she sends love and thanks to all that support her

PUT YOUR RECORDS ON.......by Corinne Bailey Rae

Three little birds, sat on my window.

And they told me I don't need to worry.

Summer came like cinnamon

So sweet,

Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

Maybe sometimes, we got it wrong, but it's alright

And nothing seems to change, and it all will stay the same.

Oh, don't you hesitate.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song

You go ahead, let your hair down

Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,

Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

Blue as the sky, sombre and lonely,

Sipping tea in the bar by the road side,

(just relax, just relax)

Don't you let those other boys fool you,

Gotta love that afro hairdo.

Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright

The more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.

Don't you think it's strange?

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

Just more than I could take, pity for pity's sake

Some nights kept me awake, I thought that I was stronger

When you gonna realise, that you don't even have to try any longer.

Do what you want to.

Oh, You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow

purps

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Iraq is the Viet Nam of Bush Incorporated. A pointless war of attrition that will lead to nothing

A trolling he will go, a trolling he will go, he can't be this stupid, but a trolling he will go.

• anewme
    anewme

Oh Purple, you've got me all teared up. Your precious girl----out there!
    OMG purps, you will be in my thoughts tonight.

Im thinking what a fine girl she must be to want to serve her country especially at a time like this.

Its not your choice for her, but it is her choice. Her spirit is telling her to do this. There are alot of opportunities in the arms force. Bravely she is setting aside her fears and looking at the many benefits to her character and education it offers. You and others are filled with fear. But she is not.

You have raised a fearless courageous girl with a big heart too Im sure. She will have adventures you and I have never had nor ever will experience. I think of those Angelica Jolie movies where she is a brave and fearless wonderwoman taking on the enemies. Psychologically this is pretty healthy I think.

Try to be positive Purps and brave like your beautiful daughter.

Anewme

• Twitch
    Twitch

(((purplesofa)))

Courage and faith.

(sends out good vibes,...:)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

She was supposed to call me when she got to Army base......which should have been two hours ago.

Soon she will have been up 24 hours..........They said when they get off the bus, no matter what time it is.......they start getting yelled at......

Those kids have been up since 3:45am yesterday......going non stop. Jessica has been travelling since Tuesday. I know its just the beginnning, but crap I feel tired for them. When the adrelin stops flowing thats when the fun will begin.

Why don't she call?????????????????????

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit