Could the "shocking" announcement be about blood issue?

by WingCommander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Greetings All!

I've been reading the random threads lately about the "shocking" announcement that is to be made at the end of September, and I'd like to throw my 2 pence in. Now, we all know that the WTBS has made several failed predictions, and I think we can all agree that they have probably learned their lesson from 1975's fiasco. Most at Bethel are old enough to remember the fallout FOR YEARS after 1975. So to me, I think it's safe to say that they aren't going to be claiming the End is this year. I mean, they can say, "The End is Near" all they want - they've been doing that for years, no change; but I seriously doubt they are dumb enough to do it again. If it came to pass as false prophecy, I think it would truly be the last nail in the coffin of the WTBS, people would leave in droves this time. So this leaves only a few other shocking changes that I can think of, which I have tried to sum up:

1.) Criteria for grounds for divorce (including emotional, physical abuse)

2.) Holidays - maybe they will now allow B-days, as the one Awake! article allowed pinatas a few years ago

3.) The Blood Issue - They already allow all fractions, might as well allow it all!!

To me, the only real "shocker" announcement would be the blood issue, as it's the only stance costing them money lately, and also giving them bad PR. While pedophiles give them bad PR lately, the blood issue is truly going to cost them. Oh, and did I mention it's completely F*^cked up? Yeah, that too. But seriously, what else is left? I mean, you can be a cop now (conscience matter), vote (conscience matter, frowned upon), have tattoos (frowned upon, but not a DF offense anymore I believe). The only think left is holidays, divorce, and the blood issue.

Thoughts, comments?

Regards,

Wing Commander

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think so. The WTS has recently had an article about blood and hemoglobin-based products.

I do believe it is the tract about the destruction of false religion being near and the distribution.

Blondie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I can;t see it being birthdays - they'll have to allow christmas then and anyway with most issues isn't this the way it works:

ie Small Pox Vacinations

NOT ALLOWED - disfellowshipping offence

MATTER OF CONSCIENCE - everyone will be sniffy with you offence

ALLOWED - too bad your kids died/werent allowed to get an education because you obeyed us before

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't see it being a relaxation of the rules on celebrations or a total climbdown on the blood doctrine either. I think they have gone as far as they dare on that one.

I have been wondering if it might be some kind of upheaval at HQ, a major change in how the religion is run in the future. The gb, apart from the two appointed last year, are mostly very old now, so maybe they are going to announce that non - anointed younger ones can serve as gb members in the future? Just a thought...

Whatever it is, I would think it has to be something major, hence the use of the term "shocking".

• Emma
    Emma

This is the first I've heard about a tract regarding false religions destruction; how'd I miss it! Blondie, you're usually right. I think this would really get the older guard going; my sisters will eat it up. Do the newer ones still get caught up in this stuff? This would give the org a prediction without really putting their necks out.

• JH
    JH
    "shocking" announcement that is to be made at the end of September

Maybe they will say that we are in the great tribulation right now and that it's too late to join or come back.

And then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

• sir82
    sir82

The "shocking announcement" will be every bit as shocking as discovering that paint dries.

It's another Kingdom News distribution campaign, "False Religion's End is Near" (or "soon" or "imminent" or "just around the corner" or "any day now" or...)

Yawn....

• JH
    JH

It's funny how September/October is always time for big news....and it's also the beginning of the new theocratic year

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

If they announced it was the great tribulation then they could stop the door to door work - and if they stopped that then there would be no reason for the slight persecution they do get in some countries.

• JH
    JH
    they could stop the door to door work

I think that they will always go door to door, either to offer bible studies or tell people that they are doomed and its too late to join.

Witnesses have to speak out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit