Could the "shocking" announcement be about blood issue?

by WingCommander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

It reminds me of television ... Watch next week's all exciting and surprising ending ... when all that happens is the same stuff as before. Wouldn't it be great if the announcement was ... okay just as long as you are good people, we are fine with it, no more shunning of any kind. Granted there would have to be all the people they laid off from bethel standing behind them with billy clubs to force them to say that, but I would be okay with that.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We've had these kinds of announcements many times over the years. Usually it didn't amount to anything at all. Once it was a new campaign for distributing a resolution. I think another time it was a new book released mid year instead of at a convention.

Don't expect too much guys. It won't be a prediction. They won't go down that road again.

• anewme
    anewme

Well they sure are masters of manipulation! Got us all in a bunch worrying and buzzing about their coming special shocking announcement. They are masters of control.

• undercover
    undercover

The announcement will be so bland and uninteresting that a good many of the dubs will not even realize that it's any different than any other September/October.

It's the ex-JW world that's putting all the emphasis on this "announcement". It'll come and go, like all their other marketing gimmicks and the dubs won't even realize there was a buzz about it. We'll be the ones griping and complaining that it was all bunk.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Not a chance. If they changed something as big as the blood issue, they'd bury it in an ambiguously written WT article and never draw attention to it. No, it will just be more of the same. "The end is really really really near now, and to emphasise just how near it is, we've printed a zillion copies of a new leaflet which is the same as an old leaflet but has a slightly different name. Let's put it in the letterboxes of thousands of people who will chuck it with the rest of the junk mail. That'll prove we've got the truth".

Or something similar

• rocky220
    rocky220

I spoke with my mother the other night and asked her what was said at the assembly, and her synopsis sounded like re-cycled old light disguised as new light..........yawn. And life goes on.......rocky220

• garybuss
    garybuss

The weasels will change the blood doctrine and not tell anyone. They've done that in the past. They tend to try to make a change so confusing and dish it out over several different publications like they did with the generation change and the sheep and the goats change. Most Witnesses miss changes.
    Big changes are not hyped by the Watch Tower Corporation(s). Big changes are snuck in. Marketing product, media blitzes, and recruiting drives are hyped. All hype = $$ Always!

• james_woods
    james_woods

There could be one other big news topic (besides the other four already posted here):

Let everybody partake of the emblems due to "new understanding"; then quit counting the last of the "144,000".

They will eventually have to defuse this ticking time bomb, IMHO.

James

• blondie
    blondie
    I think another time it was a new book released mid year instead of at a convention.

I think that was the Organized book (1983)......everyone thought the end was going to be announced...not me though. It was unusual though to release a book other than at a DC.

km 6/83 p. 3 Announcements ***

New Publications Available:

Organized

to Accomplish Our Ministry—English, Spanish
  • Legolas
    Legolas

I would like to know who said that it was going to be 'shocking' anyway?

Just what was said to this person and by who?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit