Too Dang HOT!!

by caligirl 27 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

I just stepped out into my back yard and thought I was going to melt. I was going to fill up the inflatable pool for my son, but by the time it gets filled up, the water will be about 90 and not worth the bother.

I'm sure that other California people can relate to this. It is not supposed to be like this! THis is southern California, home of ocean breezes and NO HUMIDITY!! This weather feels like summer in New England!

Yuck!!

End Rant

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL... Try Houston...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Perhaps having an airconditioned room is a good solution in a hot country. Normally low humidity makes even higher temps feel tolerable.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I know, today was grossly hot. I agree, San Diego should not be this hot. I want a return on my sunshine tax, sure, but this is just...Oklahoma status. Miserable without a breeze.
    I think we're going to see a movie this afternoon, just to sit somewhere air-conditioned.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I just saw the devil sitting under a tree drinking Iced tea, no wait thats my crazy neighbor, nevermind!

• gumby
    gumby
    Today Tomorrow Mon Tue Wed 6-10 Day
    Partly Cloudy Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny
    High: 112° Low: 81° High: 112° Low: 81° High: 111° Low: 81° High: 107° Low: 78° High: 110° Low: 79°

You think Southern California's bad, check out Northern California. It's hotter than a damn Jalapino in a heat wave here. I'm hosin off me nutsack as we speak.

Gumblazin

• lola28
    lola28

I live in the Valley and I can't stand the heat, I'm going to spend the afternoon in the pool.

Lola

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Dang Gumby, I feel bad for ya. :(
    You know what's even worse? For some reason, a pregnant sister decided to go out preaching today. Poor sister...stay home! Think about your own welfare, not selling magazines!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It sure is! (sheesh) 24-hour homeless shelter sought for Wichita
    BY ROY WENZL AND STAN FINGER, The Wichita Eagle
    The story was a poignant one: a homeless man died in Wichita the morning after the thermometer hit 109. He wore multiple layers of clothing. As advocates for the homeless know, many homeless people wear all belongings on their backs because they don't want to lose them to thieves.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/ Thank goodness that it starting cool down. This is just too much for a woman in menopause to go through!
  • caligirl
    caligirl

Ok Gumby, you win - it is only supposed to hit 105 here in North County, and only because we are somewhat close to the ocean. If we had a pool, I'd be in it - maybe.... it would have to be really good to get me to leave the air conditioning. I've decided that there is nothing I need to do today that will require me to step outside before sundown.

My heart goes out to those of you without air conditioning. I'd be happy to share mine if anyone is close enough...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit