cemetaries

by moomanchu 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Kingdom halls don't have cemetaries like other churches do . Is this another mind game to make the believers think they will never die? Are the witnesses to cheap to have a cemetary, grass cutting maintenance and such?

Why don't they exist?

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

Hey I had never thought about this, maybe its because I dont want anyone to know that their really are ghost! and an after life!! LOL

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    ooohhhh..ooohhh...*waves hand wildly* I got this one. Because......

alt

They are a book publishing company.

lisa

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

10 out of 10 for that Lisa.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

That is a good point.
    That being said, around here there are so many churches. I mean honestly in this area there really are a lot. One after the other.
    And 9 times out of 10 there is not a cemetary.
    In fact the nearest Catholic one is about 6 miles away, even though there are probably 15 Catholic churches right in the area.
    After that.... there is a Jewish one somewhere.
    Beyond that not too many religious based cemetaries.

BSoM

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't think of one church around here that has it's own cemetery. Apart from that, most of the kingdom halls in this area were erected in built - up areas anyway, so there wqouldn't have been room for a cemetery.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They don't place much importance on where the body is buried. After all, the soul has been recorded in Jehoopla's memory for resurrection., and that's what counts. A public cemetary is good enough for the physical remains to decompose in. They don't usually get into placing flowers at the grave, either, because the loved one will not have any awareness of anything. These are the most neglected graves you'll see.

• Justin
    Justin

The idea of a church cemetery is based on the concept of "sacred space" - that the church can somehow "bless" a certain area and make it holy as a suitable place for the dead to rest and await the resurrection. This is entirely foreign to the JW religion. Even their Kingdom Halls are not "holy" in this sense, and the old Jewish temples are considered to have foreshadowed a spiritual reality which can no longer be duplicated in a physical building. There are plenty of secular cemeteries for "all faiths" which can be used for burial.

• garybuss
    garybuss

There's a lot of reasons Witnesses can't have cemeteries located by a Kingdom Hall.

1. Kingdom Halls are investment property mostly owned by the Watch Tower, not Jehovah's Witnesses.
    2. Witnesses don't respect graves and seldom, if ever, visit a grave.
    3. Witnesses wouldn't want shunned people visiting graves.
    4. Witnesses don't want the extra lawn to mow, it cuts into "service" time.

Money not sent to Bethel is money wasted.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Moomanchu,

There are a few Jehovah's Witness cemeteries; so I would say they are more an exception than a rule.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/109950/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit