BoE letters up (1977-2001), plus public talk outlines

by Jourles 17 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

The letter is about lawsuits, search warrents, and other legal issues. It is classed "confidential" at the top. I noticed in paragraph B of the document, concerning child abuse, that the letter instructs elders to contact the legal department immediately when incidents are reported. I would have thought they would have said to first contact local police and then contact the society's legal department. I didn't read the whole document yet. Here is the link:

http://www.reexamine.org/BOE/1989-07-01.pdf

• Hoping4Change
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "No elder should ever give consent to the search of a Kingdom Hall or any other place where confidential records are kept"

I can remember that ruling. I was the Secretary at the time and I held the records at my home and was a key holder of the K H. I remember then thinking that if ever the police wanted to see anything, I would show them , no matter what the Society said. I felt I had a duty to uphold the law and co operate with any police investigation, should it ever arise.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The light keeps getting brighter and brighter :)

S

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks for that Jourles, some of that could be interesting. I would obviously never have had the opportunity to look at such "confidential" documents as a single sister in the org, don't it make you just love the Internet?

• VM44
    VM44

Hoping4Change,

Thank you for posting the link to the Free Download Manager. It looks like a very useful program.

--VM44

• freetosee
    freetosee

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED IN THIS.

This will aid in the exposure of the operations of the WTS. (The download manager was great help too)

Freetosee

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I have down loaded the INDEX and can hardly wait for the rest. I don't know all the people that got this information and made it available, but I thank you all.

Good on ya all. I think that this is the sort of thing that will catch the interest of jw's and maybe the legal authorities.

Way to go!!! This may really piss off the wbts, I hope so.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit