BoE letters up (1977-2001), plus public talk outlines

by Jourles 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

It looks like the 1977-2001 letters are up! The '01-'06 letters will be forthcoming shortly I hear.

http://www.reexamine.org/BOE/

I would suggest downloading the Index (3.8MB) first, then you can view/download a particular letter referenced from the index. Rexaminer may sort these letters later, so I'm not sure if the links above will stay the same.

If you were in possession of the earlier letters, you may notice that these are text-searchable pdf's. These letters were scanned from copies which were not always straight. If the text appears slightly tilted, the OCR recognition process was likely skewed too resulting in some mashed words. You'll see what I mean if you try copying text from a tilted letter.

Enjoy!

• VM44
    VM44

There are a total of 221 files in the BOE folder.

Can anyone recommend a good free download manager that does not come bundled with adware or displays ad banners when using it?

--VM44

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting stuff!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Look for a zipped file containing all of the files soon...

• frozen one
    frozen one

I briefly looked over some of the content. I had to chuckle when I read this post script:

P.S. Due to the importanse of the information that is presented herein it is suggested that the body of elders jointly read and consider this letter as soon as possible after its receipt in the congregation. Please do not make any copies of this letter, nor should it be read by others. It should be kept in the congregations confidential files for any future reference that may be required by the body of elders.

And now its on the internet!!!

• sspo
    sspo

Can the Society trust any of the elders at all?

They will have to come up with a better way to communicate info.

i beleive now days they cannot even trust Circuit or District overseer with any infomation.

Just shut the doors down and let everyone go home and serve their God any way they want

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Great resource thanks

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for posting these !!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Very Nice. Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition.

• VM44
    VM44

Please do not make any copies of this letter, nor should it be read by others. It should be kept in the congregations confidential files for any future reference that may be required by the body of elders.

One wonders what was so important that such secrecy was to be maintained. Probably new instructions as to haw to fill out the literature request forms.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit