Can you prepare solid meals?

by greendawn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• apfergus
    apfergus

I love cooking and do so whenever I can. Between school and work, though, a lot of the time I'm stretched pretty thin. I've actually wound up coming up with some fairly original recipes that I can make really quick, though. I do cheat and use pre-made ingrediants sometimes, but I can forgive myself for that.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Absolutely not! I am totally dependent on my wife for all of my meals. I think that it's part of her master plan.

• juni
    juni

Oh yeah. Easier on the food budget then going out to eat. Really preparing meals isn't hard; it's being able to get everything timed right so the meal comes together at the same time and ready to be served.

Juni

• parakeet
    parakeet

***There is a strange resistance blocking me.***
    I hope it's not a latent belief that women should do the cooking!
    As juni said, timing is everything. I would also recommend not being too ambitious. If your main course is a bit complicated, keep the side dishes (veggies, salad, potatoes) very simple. If you want to fuss over a complicated vegetable dish, then keep the meat and starch (rice, noodles, potatoes) prep simple.
    Jacques Pepin's book, "Fast Food My Way" is excellent for delicious, fairly simple dinners.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I actually really love to cook. I am pretty adept at it.
    Can do everything from roasting chickens and turkeys to homemade spaghetti sauces and I think I make a pretty good version of chicken scampi.
    However, lately I've been working a lot more on the computer and my husband is the one doing dinner.
    So I don't get to cook the way I like. Oh well.

BSoM

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I can't boil water. However, my chef wife turned attorney keeps me well fed.

Soon, I'm going to need a bigger diaper.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I can cook well enough but like Black Swan I have been working too much lately. It has been pretty basic meals and eating out entirely too much. It makes me feel rather guilty because I should be feeding my family better.

Loruhamah

• prettyinpink
    prettyinpink

I love to cook. I have less time now with school and work but I love to record "Rachel Ray's, 30 minute meals", she has great ideas and tasty.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I love to cook!
    I've mastered the skill of being broke and having 6 random ingredients to work with.

I just hate to clean up.

Dams

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I'll clean up if you give me a massage...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit