Can you prepare solid meals?

by greendawn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Can you prepare interesting solid meals or do you not have the flare for it and instead prefer to live on take aways, restaurant meals or simple casual snack meals at home?

I find it hard to concentrate on cooking though I always want to do it and I have actually put together some interesting recipes several times. There is a strange resistance blocking me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've found a lot of interesting recipes on the internet, and rarely go to restaurants any more. I enjoy inviting my sisters and their families over for dinner. They're no longer afraid of being poisoned, so I must be getting better at cooking.

W

• jgnat
    jgnat

I call that "strange resistance" boredom, LOL.

I call cooking my hobby, not a full-time occupation. Now that I can afford it, I go out a LOT. But I notice when we eat at home we eat much healthier...much less fat.

I've finally learned the trick for cooking for few. Cook the normal portions and freeze the leftovers. I portion my family-size hamburger all at once, typically making up a large batch of meatballs (cheaper than the ready-made ones, and healthier), and also form a bunch in to uncooked home-made patties. I also like to have flash frozen chicken breasts and other staples around for when the mood strikes.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I would if I could. I find I really dont have the energy for it at the end of the day.

• lola28
    lola28

Ummmmmmm, I can pour Lucky Charms into a bowl, does that count?

Lola

• Simon
    Simon

I can prepare sold meals.

By "solid", you do mean "like concrete" don't you?

• daystar
    daystar

LOL@Simon

I am able to and do so as frequently as my busy schedule allows.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I rarely do anything 'exotic' but sometimes I just throw whatever I have in the cupboard together and make something really nice - but unrepeatable.

Camping is going to be fun for me next week - I bought myself 6 disposable BBQ's but as yet have nothing to cook on them!! I'll probably be living on meat and bananas for the whole week as that's all I know how to barbecue

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Yes I love to cook, I have been cooking since I was 12, I like to gather up stuff and create my own dishes. I was told a very long time ago, that cooking is a science, so for some reason it just made sense to me. It doesn't have to be hard and once you learn all your basic herbs and spices, the rest comes easy. I wanted to write a cookbook for guys, I never made it, but I have a bunch of recipes and ideas that only have like 5 ingredients and super easy. I also do more gourmet dishes and dishes from around the world I've been into Spanish Tapas, I even had one of my Paella recipes published in a book for a trade organization that I belong to, it was funny but cool. And THANK GOD I cook because my wife just learned how to make a fried egg.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I prefer liquid meals.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit