Watchtower April 15, 1928

by pixel 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toreador
    toreador

Thanks for the scan Leo! I am adding it to my arsenal

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, Black Sheep, I can't believe I missed this jackpot of old book scans! I'm going to dl every one...this is TOO GOOD!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi pixel, and welcome to the board

• pixel
    pixel

Thank you thank you everybody for the links, scan? and welcomes!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Great post! - Notice that the WT scan specifically calls it "selling" WT literature.

It also says, "we are not to be standing there preaching or trying to impart bible knowledge - just get those books into their hands!"

At least 1928 was a time of relative honesy on these matters...

• headmath
    headmath

Welcome to the real truth

• Mr.Pickles
    Mr.Pickles

Of course this is another method that the enemy adopts to confuse the minds and furnish an excuse for not being faithful to the Lord. As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible and there has never been a book written yet that is perfect that has been written by any human hand. The enemy(NOT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES)says the Bible has mistakes, so that way they can justify their reasons not to follow Christ!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, this is new to me. Thanks for bumping, Mr.Pickles, and welcome. However it doesn't seem to me that the writer in the WT was saying that the enemy says this. They wrote "as every one knows". There are no quote marks to indicate that it's a statement attributed to some "enemy".

The only way I can understand the Society making this remark is if they mean that the modern translations of the Bible texts contain errors. The fact that the Society had not made their own translation yet would mean that this was in reference to Christendom's translations, which would make it a consistent statement with later criticisms of those translations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit