Letter from Dad

by Synergy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Synergy
    Synergy

Some that read this post thought it was my biological father. No, I wish I had a relationship with him. He told me to kill myself when I left the cult and has completely disowned me. However, God has written all of us the same letters 66/12 = 5.5, thus over five dozen letters. Expensive gifts = Jesus. The siblings we can't get along with are each other. The supper most decline at God's house is Communion/The Lord's Supper. God desires us to have a relationship with him.

I know posts like these incite many an athiest to ridicule. That is fine and I expect it. I write this for any and all who care to read it. Just as athiests and agnostics share their view that there is no God, I share my belief for anyone who cares or can benefit from it by being uplifted.

Blessings to believers and non believers alike.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Synergy:

However, God has written all of us the same letters 66/12 = 5.5, thus over five dozen letters. Expensive gifts = Jesus. The siblings we can't get along with are each other. The supper most decline at God's house is Communion/The Lord's Supper.

Yeah, got that. Your code wasn't too hard to crack. However, by any reasonable definition what you are describing is a religion. A religion with a holy book, an incarnate god, a body of believers, and a ritual cannibalism ceremony. The word relationship means something entirely different. What you have there is a religion, not a relationship.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Abba Father

I shoulda known!

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    The siblings we can't get along with are each other. The supper most decline at God's house is Communion/The Lord's Supper. God desires us to have a relationship with him.

I have to agree with Derek - this is not an unconditional relationship of love but a religion.

I have no problem getting on with my metaphorical siblings, I just don't really like the menu at God's restaurant, or the extortionate prices, the mark up on the wine is phenomenal and frankly if he'd pick up the phone once in a while I'd be happy to talk to "dad", but it would seem Cat's got his tongue.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Im sorry but people are dying from malnutrition & disease, tsunamis & earthquakes. They didnt ask to be born. Now they are here, they suffer. Not a very 'hospitable' god, is he?

• jambon1
    jambon1
    Do you only want to talk to me when something goes wrong in your life? I want to rejoice with you when you have good things happen too.

It may be hard for some in this western world to believe, but there are millions/billions alive right now who simply have no 'good things' at all.

I know about 'good things'. I love my beutiful family and have never had to face a real loss or trial, but I can see that for many, many people, life is just simply not woth living!

God/religion sucks

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

jambon - that avatar - is it of a district convention? its creeping me out a bit!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

With so much negativity in the world, it's nice when someone shares something positive and can raise a person's spirit. Thanks!

• yucca
    yucca

Love your letter from dad. so true

• kid-A
    kid-A

My dear child. I am not angry at you. I just love you. I want to be with you. I want to be involved in your life but I feel you push me away. What else can I do to show you how much I love you? If you invite me I promise I'll come.

And if you dont invite me, consider your sorry sinner's ass mine, as you spend eternity writhing in the firey pit of hell I have waiting for you. Boo-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!

Love, Daddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit