Letter from Dad

by Synergy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Synergy
    Synergy

My Dear Child,

I love you so much. I wonder why I never hear from you. I've written you over five dozen letters and I know you never read them. I hope someday you'll read them so you know how I feel about you and how deep my love for you is. I know you're very busy living your life but I hope one day you'll take time to read them.

Each time I invite you to my house you say you're too busy to come. I know you work hard. I know you're tired. If you just come over to my house I will take care of you. I will feed you and encourage you and do all I can to make you feel better.

I have asked you to come eat with me but you say you can eat at home alone. I ask you to join us at the table as a family but you tell me you can't get along with your siblings so you choose to leave me out too.

When people ask about me you act embarassed. It's like you don't want people to know we're related. Why can't you tell anyone that I'm your father? Are you that ashamed of me?

I've given you gifts of high price but you never thanked me. Didn't you even notice?

You call me only when you need help or you ask me to listen when no one else will. Can you call me when you have good news too? Do you only want to talk to me when something goes wrong in your life? I want to rejoice with you when you have good things happen too.

When you need advice you cry out to me. I give you answers but you don't listen. Then when things go wrong you blame me. I answer each time you call but you accuse me of ignoring you.

You don't let me visit your children at school and then you cry and ask me why I let them get into trouble there.

You don't let me visit you at work yet you blame me when projects fail or money is tight.

I'm never invited into your home to have a relationship with your family but you ask me how I could let your family fall apart? How could I stop it if I was never allowed to be around?

My dear child. I am not angry at you. I just love you. I want to be with you. I want to be involved in your life but I feel you push me away. What else can I do to show you how much I love you? If you invite me I promise I'll come. If you come over there will be food. If you ask for help I will give it. If you feel lonely I will walk beside you. If you are sad I will comfort you. No matter how far away you are, you can come home. If you can't make it on your own I'll pick you up and carry you home. Will you please return my calls, read my letters, come over for supper, invite me to your house - school - work, and make up with your siblings?

Love Always,

Abba Father a.k.a. Daddy

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I obviously don't know your dad, but it seems like a nice letter, he never mentions the religion at all.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Well written, it reminds me of a sign I read about.

I enjoyed the wedding, may I be invited to the marriage.

signed

God

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Synergy, I gotta say...

You try really hard to bring positive vibes to this board, even if some of us are incredibly jaded and apathetic about thoughts of God or a higher being.

I appreciate your efforts.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Thanks Captain. I'm glad it's appreciated. Religion makes me jaded too. I hate religion...I LOVE relationship. God never gave us a religion, he offered us a relationship. The Watchtower is enough to turn anyone from God but thankfully I left and now have a true relationship with him.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If he is a JW then he is completely ignoring the shunning rules, I suppose you are an ex dub, which is a good sign unless he is trying to convert you back every time you have contact.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi Synergy

I had to get a couple of paragraphs in before I realised why your "Dad" spoke in such unusual language!

crumpet x

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Synergy,

I don't know your story but, on face value, it's a good letter. I've a daughter who hasn't been in touch for three years because my wife and I left the cult. Even when I was close to death she still didn't make contact. I have to say, I have some empathy with your dad - but, as I said, I don't know your story.

What is warming is that he still wants contact with you. He also loves you. Can you and he not just meet up for a coffee? You don't have to invite him to your home, just a coffee bar - and you make the ground rules beforehand. I'd give anything to have a coffee with my daughter.

Much love to you,

Ian

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Synergy:

Religion makes me jaded too. I hate religion...I LOVE relationship. God never gave us a religion, he offered us a relationship. The Watchtower is enough to turn anyone from God but thankfully I left and now have a true relationship with him.

Really? A relationship, not a religion? So instead of all the communication being one way (as with most prayer), God actually talks to you? I don't mean the warm fuzzy feeling that some religious people get when they pray, or the coincidences that convince them their gods are looking out for them. I mean honest-to-goodness direct communication. That's required for a relationship. I guess if God actually wrote that letter himself then maybe you really have one; but I suspect it was written by you or another person trying to pretend that their religion is different from everybody else's.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Your dad turned me off at "Expensive gifts". Sorry.

-Lee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit