S.E.C. Sues Jehovah's Witnesses For Investment Frauds

by West70 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dunk
    Dunk

To Tell The Truth

Man did you have a lot to say for your first post! What a great read. I hope that you didn't lose any $$ in the whole deal. Very frustrating situation.

Most of the elder bodies are just not sophisticated enough to handle this sort of crime. They just don't understand it. Plus, it's allways possible to "load the deck" of the judicial commitee with either elder's who are sympathetic to the brother's in question, or are inexperienced, and thus can be steered by someone on the commitee.

I can't believe the whole Christopher/Suntherland thing is still going on! Geez it was years ago that they first got busted. My best friend (now in Denver and out of the JWs) was their parter for a while in Newport and cut off all business with them because he said they were crooked.

Thanks for all the info. I have informed my parents (still strong JWs) to watch out for these guys.

• jwsisluvsjah
    jwsisluvsjah

Good news! That creep Ron Nadel was finally disfellowshipped a month or so ago . He's showing up at the meetings with an ankle bracelet so he can't leave the area or skip the country. Let's hope he goes to prison for all his thievery. People like him give all of us honest, sincere JWs and Jehovah a bad name. Satan really knows how to worm his way in........ Thank Jehovah that this wicked system will be ending soon.

• undercover
    undercover
    Satan really knows how to worm his way in........

So...the Devil made him do it?

I wonder if that defense would hold up in court...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hello jwsisluvsjah, and welcome

Thank Jehovah that this wicked system will be ending soon.

Oh really? How soon will that be? The governing body seem to have postponed it again, according to the May 1st watchtower.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Looks like their WTS parents taught them how to screw people over royally.

• Gerard
    Gerard

My jaw just droped down to the floor. But, it looks like the charges are/will be only against specific persons (some are JWs), and NOT against the Watchtower.

Great find! How did you find this?

• Dagney
    Dagney

How did I miss this?

[Edited]

No wonder everybody is so hush hush to me about stuff.

That firm was flying high for a long time, many many witnesses working there.

[Edited]

• PEC
    PEC

In the late 70's my mother (a lifetime JW) was a bookkeeper for a JWs business. He was using investors money to supplement is income and pay previous investors back. My mother went to the elders and they told her it was none of her business and to keep her mouth shut (she did the Christian JW thing kept her mouth shut.). She quit the job and never worked for a JW again.

Philip

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I remember this.

The WTS is just not foolish enough these days to let themselves be opened up to the legal system. Just like Scientology, they have become an orgainzation that is totally reliant in its legal department.

I too think the subject is a little misleading.

• lesterd
    lesterd

S.E.C. Sues Jehovah's Witnesses For Investment Frauds

That was made to sound like the borg was being sued for wrong doing, just a few bad apples, the JWs have been fleeced before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit