Burglers!

by frozen one 30 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

Woke up this morning to find that someone had broken into my house while I slept. All that is missing is my billfold (didn't have much money, but replacing the cards will stink) and my cell phone (with a couple hundred numbers). I wonder why they didn't take my laptop and camera? The car keys were next to the billfold. If they had grabbed those they could have gotten into the garage which is a real treasure trove. I guess they just wanted money. Anyway, pretty ballsy thing to do.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Gawd that sucks...and is scary!

At least your alright though!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

WTF NO Dog?.. dumbasss would have gotten bitten at the very least.. alt

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

That's awful, frozen one.

It's sometimes not so much the loss of 'things' that hurts, it's the knowledge that your private space has been intruded on.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm so sorry, frozenone. The thought of being burglarized is scary.

• rassillon
    rassillon

That sucks! We got hit about 1.5 years ago. Took my wife forever to feel normal again. Stupid me didn't have an alarm, I do now. -r

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Been there, done that....Buy a gun.

• damselfly
    damselfly

That's awful! I wouldn't be able to sleep if that happened to me.

Dams

• frozen one
    frozen one

Well, spent a couple hundred bucks replacing the phone, getting duplicate licenses, permits, etc, and called all the card companies. What a hassle but I guess it could have been worse. I hope the thief puts the $15-$20 he (or she) got to good use. Twenty here, twenty there...next thing you know a person has enough to buy a nice rock of meth. Now I just have to wait a couple weeks to get my cards in the mail. I already miss the ATM card. I've never been one to worry too much about things that go bump in the night (I live in a 100 year old house and noises are common), but I'm sure that I'll be a little paranoid for a while. I used to have dogs when I lived in the country. Now I live in a city and I'm gone so much of the time that I thought having a dog here would be a bit hard on the dog. I would speculate that one of my cats hid somewhere during the robbery while the other one ran up to the thief hoping to get her ears scratched. I took the day off from work to take care of business. Thats done so now I think I'll open a Newcastle and enjoy the rest of the day.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Been there, done that....Buy a gun. I have several.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit